chapter 15

I can't sleep. I wake up three times between the hours of nine and three in the morning.

I toss and turn the whole time, and finally, I kick the covers off of me and lay there.

I know why.

Where's Peeta?

I get up, and I strip into my underwear, and pull a sweatshirt and sweatpants on, and then go downstairs. I let my hair out. This will be the first time Peeta or Finnick see me without my hair in a braid.

I get a glass of water from the kitchen. Peeta's sleeping on the couch but Finnick is awake and is watching TV on the other couch.

I drink my water and then put the cup in the dishwasher and walk into the living room.

Finn looks at me, and looks away, and then looks back.

"Holy shit, you look different with your hair down." He says. "I thought you were Maple. God, your hair is long as hell almighty." I smile and look down at Peeta. I shake his shoulder, and he looks at me, and looks confused, and then he sits up and rubs his eyes.

"Wow." He says. "You look cute with your hair down." He mumbles, half awake.

"Why are you down here?" I ask.

"Because you were sleeping and I didn't know if you were comfortable with...that."

"I'm comfortable. I can't sleep. Come upstairs?" I ask. He nods, and he follows me upstairs. I shut the door behind him, and I crawl into bed. I don't lie down. He does, and stares at me, the moonlight filling the room, not any street lights. I love it.

We study each other's faces, and then I slowly grab his hands and pull him so he's sitting up, and I scoot into his lap and kiss him. He deepens it, and we start full on making out. His hard on comes back, and it's not pressing into my leg, no it's pressing between my legs. We both know it, and the passion and love gets stronger, and he slips his hands under my sweatshirt. I don't think he realizes I'm not wearing a bra. Every time he sees me, I am wearing a bra, and the sweatshirt hides the fact that I'm not. I don't tell him either, because I want to see his reaction if he does make his way up there. I slip my hands under his shirt and roam his stomach.

His hands are slowly making their way up, and finally, they go all the way up. He gasps and yanks his hands away. His eyes are huge, and I giggle softly. "It's okay." I whisper. "You can touch me, Peeta. I don't care." My voice is soft and gentle.

"You were waiting for that, weren't you?" he whispers. I smirk and my face heats up.

"I wanted to see your reaction." I admit softly, running my hand down his chest.

.....a.....

God, we were so close to having sex last night, but we didn't. We weren't ready yet, but he did get me down to only my underwear, and I...well, I got him naked. He's the last one to wake up. I'm standing in a white t-shirt and jeans. My hair is down, and I'm facing Annie, whispering about last night to her and Maple.

Peeta sneaks up behind me and wraps his arms around my waist, resting his head on my shoulder.

"It's rude to whisper."

"Well if you want me to talk about last night out loud-"

"No, just kidding." He kisses my cheek and I chuckle. "Look at me." he says. I do, and he kisses me. "I love you." He says, running his fingers through my hair.

"I love you too." I smile, and he walks off to talk to Finnick and Jacob.

He's shirtless, wearing sweatpants that hang low to show the V that leads down to his package...his nice package.

They both whisper for details, and I tell them everything, and then Peeta comes over and interrupts.

"I'm stealing my girlfriend before she tells you how long my penis is." He says bluntly.

"Oh, too late." I say as he pulls me outside. I sit on the steps next to him. "Why'd you take me out here?" I ask

"Because it I take you upstairs it'll be too obvious that I want to make out again." He says, and he pulls me to the barn. I go up to the hayloft, laughing, and we make out again.