chapter 17

We went home a few days later, and I haven't seen Peeta in two days. Annie and I are working at the stables, and I'm cleaning one of the horses hoofs, when someone taps me on the shoulder.

"Just a second." I say.

They tap me again, and I sigh and put down the hoof pick and stand up, brushing the dirt off of my hands and turning around.

It's Finnick and Peeta.

"What are you guys doing here?" I ask, turning back around to finish the last hoof.

"We haven't seen you guys in two days." Peeta says.

Annie comes rushing past me with a bucket of water. She dumps it in the horses water bin.

"Been busy," I say, accepting his kiss.

"Kitty what the fuck are you doing to that horse?" Finnick demands, and I laugh.

"I'm cleaning its hoofs." I say.

"Why?" he asks.

"Because there's rocks in them." I explain, as I toss the hoof pick back in the bucket and stand up again. I hop bareback on the horse and dig my heels into his sides and send him flying out of the stall to his stall. I walk out of the stall and lock the gate and go back over to the boys and Annie.

"Have you started packing yet?" Finn asks us.

"No, why?" I ask.

"Well we can move in any time." Peeta says. "Why not now?"

I sigh. "Because I'm not packed up." I say. "And I have a lot of shit."

"Well start packing." Peeta says.

"We have shit to do." Annie says.

"Well do it and then start packing." He says.

"Oh my god!" I say. I'm annoyed. "We'll pack, okay, but we're busy!"

"Okay! Gosh!" He says.

Let out an irritated huff and go storming to another horse stall. I bring it right back to where they are and start cleaning the hoofs.

"I'm leaving." Peeta says.

"Bye." I don't look up.

He sighs angrily and mutters, "She's on her period. I bet you she is." He's talking to Finnick.

"I'm not, actually." I say, and I look right at him. "But my back hurts, so excuse me if I'm not in the mood for annoyance and ignorance."

He sighs, and he opens his mouth to apologize, and all I say is, "You can leave now."

He sighs, and leaves. Finnick kisses Annie goodbye and follows him.

Annie makes me take a Pamprin when though I'm not on my period, and it takes me a good hour for the medicine to fix my mood, but it doesn't help my back. It's snowing, and my back hurts so badly. And I feel horrible for saying that to Peeta.

"I'm leaving, Ann." I say. "Leave whenever you want."

She hugs me and orders me to go home and get some rest, saying she'll be over later to check on me. I nod, and I go home.

I go in the house, and I make some food, and eat.

Once I start feeling a lot better, I get my boxes from the basement, and I call Peeta.

"Hello?" he asks.

I sigh, leaning against the wall. "I'm sorry." I say. "I shouldn't have said that. I just really didn't feel good. I took some medicine, and I feel better now, but I'm packing."

"It's okay." He says. "Can I come over? I'm alone, and I've got nothing to do, and I miss you."

"Okay." I say, and we hang up and I pack up my entire living room before he walks in the door.

"You should be resting." He says. I put my arms around his neck.

"What if I don't want to rest?" I whisper.

He walks off to my bedroom and lies on my bed. "Then I guess you don't have to." He says. I shut my door and crawl onto my bed, and I kiss him.

He deepens it, cupping my ass through my jeans as he pulls me above him.

......a......

I didn't think we'd end up making love, but we did. I texted Annie and told her not to come over. She said okay, that she was going to go out with Finn. Now he's helping me back. I'm in his shirt, no bra, and my underwear. My hair is down. He keeps looking at me, and he's stopped me to kiss me three times.

I'm packing my room.

"You're so fucking sexy." He says when I bend over to grab a box. He's in his boxers. I chuckle and tape the box shut. He grabs my hand and kisses me until I'm lightheaded, and then lets me go.

He moves to pack up the bathrooms and Annie texts me and says that at this rate she'll be all packed up tomorrow because Finnick is helping her.

I finish my room and move to the guest room. It doesn't take long to pack it up at all. I label all the boxes and then pack up the kitchen. Peeta comes in after packing the bathrooms and kisses me till I'm lightheaded again. I jump up on the counter and his hands start creeping up my thighs.

I swat his hand. "No Peeta Ryan. I have shit to do." He says.

"Please?" he begs, but I swat his hand again and hop down. He sighs loudly.

"I have to pack." I say.

He groans in irritancy and helps me pack.

It takes me a second to realize we're done. He grabs my hips and sits me on the counter again. "Now?" he asks, his hands creeping further up my thigh until they reach their destination.

"Fine."