2.0

sophie

   watching vienna and nick recite their vows to each other was magical. i had forgotten what love was about, the commitment it was to be bonded to someone forever. this wedding has reminded me of that. i have laid low, i don't want the attention of 'oh shes back' because i am not back. what i am here to do is support my friend and continue watching her grow.

the boys were the least of my concern. i watched as vienna took her first dance with nick, the slow unfamiliar song plays. by the main table is her mom and dad crying. this is why i loved weddings, it brought all the emotions out of people. the worse and the best kind.

as the night goes on and i get more drunk theres a fiery feeling inside of me, the one that comes out when i am mad or jealous. i leave the mini bar and go to the dance floor. hopefully i can find one of viennas cute cousins to hook up with. or maybe i'll fight with an aunt or something, anything to get rid of the feeling.

"whoo ladies and gentlemen," nicks bachelor friend from back home opens "i just want to say what an honor it is being out here tonight. celebrating this love, do you guys feel the love?" everyone cheers. champagne clinks, laughter gathered. i swallow back my teary eyes and smile. "it is time for the single ladies in the room to catch the brides flowers, so can we clear the floor for a moment and get all the single ladies out here." i laugh at the irony of this situation. only things like this happen to me.

vienna stands with her back to me and several other women, some cousins and aunts, others family friends like me. "ready?" bachelor boys asks. we cheer. "three , two, one!"

i close my eyes and hold my hands out. i feel the flowery bouquet fall into my grasp. finally something goes my way. "haah biitchesss." i stumble through my words and run to hug vienna. mister bachelor smiles and walks over. "congrats, what's your name pretty lady."

"sophie." i slur.

"looks like we'll be at your wedding next sophie." he gives me a sharp smile then turns the mic off. everyone runs back to the dance floor. i wobble back to my seat and take off my heels.

i lay my head on the table just for a moment of peace so i can gather my thoughts and feelings. i do not want to be the friend that gets fucked up on the big day. it is the one day that i have to remember. "soph." i look up.

"zion." i rest my head back on the table. not knowing what to feel, i sit quiet and listen to him take a seat next to me.

"how you been lately?"

"good."

"good?"

"yes amazing." i look up. "now what do you want?"

"just here to congratulate you that's all."

"on catching flowers?"

"no sophie."

"then what zion? we haven't spoken in a very long time, why start now?"

"because i miss you okay, we all do. even vienna, though shes the only one you actually talk to. don't you miss our iconic group?" zions eyes fill with this mix of rage, annoyance, and question.

"it was a toxic group," i shrug "i don't do teenage drama and heartbreaks anymore."

"so this is all because of brandon?" zion looks hurt but hearing that name hurt more.

i sigh. "yes brandon was apart of it, but so were you and everyone else. i left for myself."

"just give him another chance sophie." zion begs.

"you know, i am really sick and tired of that." i stand up, bare feet on the linoleum floor. "think about all the things that happen every time i do that. trust issues, and grief, fear of being cheated on. it is toxic!" i have exploded but zion does aswell.

"well you changed him. he has not even kissed a girl since you left. he still loves you, we all see it, and you know you still love him."

"i will always love him but-"

"but what sophie?"

"i-"

"okay what the hell is going on!" vienna approaches us with wide eyes and a frustrated frown.

"nothing v im sorry." i apologize sincerely. she does not need this drama on her special day.

"mhm, zion leave her alone." vienna remarks. "now i'm going to go back to my man and celebrate my night. lets save the drama for another day."

i put my heels back on as she walks away, i need to leave all i did was bring problems to her special day.