Human!Jackson Storm x Racer!Reader

PART 1 (art done by me)

'okay y/n, deep breathes in, deep breathes out. focus. you can do this.'

i opened my eyes and flipped the visor of my purple and yellow helmet down, i have trained for so many years for this, single, moment.

i rev my engine as hard as i can which causes the excited crowd to roar in response. i'll never forget this moment.

i look around the track, me and 42 other cars all wait patiently for the green flag to signal for us to go. i'm quite far at the back so i need to be fast.

up the front is jackson storm, right next to cruz ramirez. they are the two best racers in the game right now but not for long.

i'm a rookie, the newest racer in the racing league but that won't stop me from crossing that finish line before jackson does.

"3, 2, 1, GO!" the speaker sounds.

i release the throttle and accelerate as quick as i can, dodging every car that had already lost control in the group.

"come on y/n, you've got this let's go." i mutter to myself, i already have passed atleast 15 cars.

up ahead i can see jackson and cruz battling for the lead, i won't let them win this without me at the front.

i change gears and accelerate faster, dodging 10 more cars, another 5, 8 more.

this is it, this was the moment i've been dying for.

the crowd erupts into cheers of surprise as my name is brought up over the broadcast.

"speeding past the other racers is now racer y/n! wow! look at her go! those colours sure draw all of our eyes to her."

so close, i was so close, jackson was right there. i passed a few more cars until we were neck in neck.

i turned to my left and saw him look back at me, before speeding up even more.

"oh no you don't." i rev my engine louder, causing jackson to rev in return.

cruz was speeding ahead of me too, i won't have this.

i accelerate even faster then i've gone before, pushing my cars engine to nearly its limits.

i was rightio next to jackson again, i flashed him a peace sign and got a middle finger in return, causing me to laugh and nearly swerve.

this race was mine, i'm gonna win it.

i needed a fuel refill so i pulled into the pitstop, jackson and a few other racers not long after.

my back two tires got changed and i was finally back on the track again, jackson seeming to be following me but speeding straight past.

"oi dickhead not without me!" i yelled, revving my engine a few times to get the crowd jumping again.

god, jackson's car was amazing, the clouds and the design sure weren't disappointing to look at as he drove away from me.

WAIT-

i caught up to him quickly again, him and i further infront then all of the other racers.

i rolled my window down and flipped up my visor, making sure i kept my lead in our one on one race.

"hey jackson! i cant wait to see your face when i get the trophy!" i yelled ove to him.

he followed pursuit but rolling down his window and flipping his helmet visor up.

shit, he's hot.

"right back at you rookie." he winked before flipping his visor down and challenging my cars speed again.

we had two more laps to go, we kept a steady pace next to eachother, i almost lost control again at one point but revved my engine to remind the crowd that im still here.

the final lap, this was it.

i turned and looked over at jackson through my window. i cant wait to beat him.

i deserve this- i've wanted this win ever since the start of my training.

i was going to win, wait no, jackson is ahead.

JACKSON IS AHEAD.

"no no no no no no i want this i want this i need this no this isn't happening. why is he still faster then me!"

this wasn't happening not today. the crowd was cheering as we neared the finish line.

jackson and i were neck in neck, he was slightly infront of me. no this wasn't happening no.

jackson suddenly breaked.

i won.

i fucking won.

———————————————

owo hope you guys like this chapter!!!!! i'll write more soon uwu <3

-emoprincess6669 xx