Lafayette

Lafayette x female reader

Today was just one of those days where everything is just slow and boring. You were working as a nurse in the camp, and so far no one had come to you with injuries or sickness. You were happy that the soldiers in the camp were doing well, it's just very boring when nothing happens at all. You let out a deep sigh and leaned back in your chair, today has been a long day. You heard someone walk into the tent, "Excuse me, Miss Y/N?" You glanced and saw the most gorgeous man in the entire camp, Marquis de Lafayette, you quickly sat up in your chair and straightened out your dress, "Hello sir, is there something you needed?" You looked down at the ground blushing.

"No, I just wanted to speak with you." His voice was like liquid gold. You looked up at him, "Oh, well, I'm not busy at all, so right now is the perfect time to speak to me." He chuckled a bit at your comment, "Well, I guess I'm in luck." He walked over to where you were sitting and took a seat next to you. He looked at you waiting for you to say something. "So, how's life in the camp?" The question was really stupid but it's all you could think of. "Everything has been fine, not much has been going on lately." You were quick to respond, "Yeah, not many men have come to me with injuries or sickness lately." He smirked a bit, "Are you saying that you want the men to be injured or sick?" "No, no, of course not sir, it's just that the day goes by very slowly when no one needs to be taken care of."

He looked you in the eyes "Well, I guess you could take care of me if it really is that boring around here." You were shocked by his words, "Surely you don't mean that sir." "Y/N, I thought I was making it obvious, but clearly I wasn't." He looked down, "Y/N, I have feelings for you." At this point your face was completely red, "Sir, I have feelings for you as well." He had moved his gaze from the ground to you, "Please, call me Gilbert." He put his hand on your cheek and leaned in. You two shared a passionate and loving kiss. Eventually you both needed to part for air. Gilbert had pressed his forehead against yours "Y/N, please allow me to court you." "Of course." You said in a quiet voice.

Your peaceful moment of silence was ruined when Benjamin came in looking for Lafayette, he looked very embarrassed to have walked in on the both of you while you were sharing a moment of intimacy, "I'm sorry to interrupt, but General Washington is looking for you sir." Gilbert sighed, "I will come back to you later love." Gilbert walked out of the tent, with Benjamin following close behind. You sighed your newly interesting day, was once again boring. A few hours had passed and you decided that you were going to head to bed. You got up and stretched, and then you looked around you to make sure everything was in check.

You walked out of the medical tent and headed for your much smaller tent near by. You sat down on your cot and yawned. The tent entrance opened and you looked over and saw Gilbert. He came over and sat next to you, "I'm sorry that I could not come back to you sooner, mon amour." You placed your hand on his cheek, "It's fine, you are a very busy man." For the second time that day you to shared a kiss. Afterwards there was a moment of peaceful silence, and this time it wasn't interrupted. You ended up falling asleep in Gilbert's arms. Today wasn't so boring after all.