Something more

The walk back to Gordie felt even longer as thoughts buzzed in his brain. There wasn't a moment where he had peace. Voices, voices telling him he'd be just like his father. Just like his brother. And no matter how hard he tried, his younger siblings would come out the same way. Like a cursed assembly line. Destined to produce the excact same product every time. It was moments like theses he wanted to die. No. It was more like he wished he had never been born at all. Theses were the times he needed Gordie more than ever.
His thoughts hushed to a whisper as he approached the still sleeping boy. He kneeled beside the brunette and lightly shook him. "Gordie, Gordo." Gordie blinked and squinched his eyes. "Wha- where?" "Were at our spot. I called your mom and let her know you'd be spending the night with me", Chris explained "Chris what if you're da-" "We're not actually staying at my house. We're gonna sleep in the treehouse tonight. I keep blankets in there for times like this." He stated as he held out a hand so he could help Gordie up. Gordie pulled on the blondes arm and rose with a groan. "Okay." He mumbled. Chris layed a hand on the side of the brunettes freckled cheek. "Your cold as ice man. We need to get you to the tree." Chris said.
Gordie sometimes found it funny how protective Chris was over him. He was protective over all his friends and siblings, even Eyeball if you could believe it. But even more so towards Gordie. He guessed it was because he was his best friend. But sometimes, he secretly wished it was for a different reason.
Chris zipped up the leather jacket he had lended Gordie. "Chris you'll freeze!" Gordie protested as his hands went for the jacket zipper. "No I won't. you know me Lachance, I'm like a human heater." He said with a slight chuckle. "You sure? I don't want you to get sick because of me." "Gordie relax, I'll be fine." "Okay" Gordie sighed.
   He tried not to show it, but Gordie could tell Chris was shaking. He glanced over at Chris. He was facing foward so he didn't notice the other boys stare. Gordie was greatful for that. He looked at Chris with a look of pure admiration.  Chris was the only one that looked out for him anymore. When he needed someone to talk to, Chris was there. When some jerks kicked his ass, Chris was there to clean his wounds and then go find the sorry sons of bitches who did it.
      Gordie was so thankful for Chris. He had so much love for him. Sometimes, he thought about the way Chris looked out for him. If it could mean something more. Of course not that would be gay and Chris is straighter than a board. But sometimes, he wished it was something more.

So I referenced bohemian rapsody in the first paragraph🤘. Long live the queen. Also, this is the most reads I've ever had on a story! Thanks!!!