What dreams may come

Chris found himself lying on what seemed to be an old sofa. It smelled of piss and booze, a scent that was all to familiar to him. He knew he was in his house. He just didn't know how he got there.
    He slowly began to look around. It looked different. He began to rise, but stopped. His body felt like it was full of led and his head was pounding. He used all his strength to stand up. He took a step as he heard a crack come from his back. He winced in pain.
     He made his way to the bathroom to splash some water on his face, figuring it was the most logical thing to do at the moment. He creaked open the bathroom door and stepped toward the sink.
     He took one look in the cracked mirror and nearly fainted. He was a spitting image of his father. He began to shake his head frantically. "No, no, no." He whispered stepping away from the mirror. He backed into the wall with a thud. He stood there, his heart pounding in his chest, his eyes wide with fear.
   "D-dad?" Said a small voice. He looked over to see a small boy emerging from the door way. "H-hey sport." Chris stuttered, trying to hide his fear.
      As the boy moved closer Chris could begin to see bruises on his face. Chris reached out a hand and the boy flinched. "I did that didn't I." Chris said. It was more of a statement than a question. "Y-yeah." The boy stuttered. Chris slid down the wall and hit the floor with a thud. He began to cry.
    "I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry." He sobbed. He repeated this until he felt a sharp pain in his groin.