Chapter 6

Dragons Talking
Humans Talking
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hicccup pov
When I woke up, I remembered about dragon training. I listened to see if I missed dragon training. I did. Well, at least I don't have to endure the pain of listening to the dragons pleading to get out. Let's just go meet Toothless instead. Hopefully I'll be able to tell him how I feel. Even though I just met him a couple days ago. I just feel like we were meant to be together. Like we're soulmates. Dad told me something about soulmates before. He said that it's believed that the gods pick certain vikings and make them soulmates. I never really believed it until now.
But I never knew if the gods could pick a dragon and a Viking to be soulmates. Oh well, they're gods, I'm not going to question it.
Toothless pov
When I smelled fresh fish, I instantly woke up. Yesterday, I noted something a little bit off about Hiccup. He wasn't like any of the other Vikings. He helped me, and cut me free. Oh whatever. I want to tell Hiccup how I feel, but I just don't know how. I mean, we just met each other a few days ago. I see him at the entrance of the cove with a fresh salmon. He jumps down the stone wall as easy as a dragon could glide down. He has so many dragon-like traits. I wonder if he's a hybrid. I've never personally seen one, but my father told me stories of hybrids. He said there is only one left in this world, and his purpose is to bring dragon and Viking kind together. I always thought he was lying and it was just a story, but now I have no idea what to think.
"Hey Toothless. How has the cove been?"
"Good? Anyway Hiccup we need to talk."
"Is everything ok? What happened? Did I do something?"
"No. Hiccup I want you to concentrate on something for me."
"Ok?"
"Think of yourself as a dragon. Your favorite dragon. Think of every single detail, from scale colors to eye colors." As soon as I finished telling Hiccup what to do, I saw a blinding purple light in front of me. Where Hiccup stood, is a pitch black night fury, with forest green eyes. He was stumbling everywhere, and couldn't stand very well.
"What do you think?"
"What do you mean? Toothless is there something you're not telling me? What is it? What did you do?"
"Hiccup, you are a human-dragon hybrid. You have 3 forms. Completely human, completely night fury, and human with your wings and tail."
"Ok, but how do I change back?"
"Think of your human form."
Before I knew it, the human form of Hiccup was standing right in front of me. My heart was beating out of my chest. I was so nervous to tell him how I actually feel towards him. What would he say? Would he like me back? Would he hate me after? I couldn't stop thinking.
"Toothless...I need to..tell you something."
"Ok, what do you need to tell me?" Did he really feel the same way? Or is my mind just playing a trick on me?
"I...uh...ikindofloveyoumorethanafriend!"
What? Did I just hear that right? He likes me back! He was just standing in front of me waiting for an answer or some kind of response from me. I just jumped up and started licking his face, having the excited puppy-like personality that I always have. I was so excited that he actually said what I was so nervous to say.
"So I guess I'll take that as an I love you too then right?"
"Yes!"
The sun started to set already and I knew he had to leave. We both said our goodbyes as if we would never see each other again.
"I love you Toothless."
"I love you too Hiccup."
With that, he left to go back to the village. I slipped into a wonderful sleep, with the events of today making me completely exhausted.