»»----- 𝟜 -----««

They were given an appointment quickly as the hospital kept slots open for events like this. Taehyung fidgeted with his fingers as he and Jungkook sat in the waiting room. Jungkook slid his palm into Taehyung's and gently caressed the back of his hand with his thumb.

"Jeon Jungkook!" A nurse called and Jungkook stood up, still holding Taehyung's hand as he pulled him along the corridor behind the nurse.
"Jungkook. I don't think I'm allowed in"
"Well they better let you in"
Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows, Jungkook had never done this before.
"Are you okay?" He asked.
Jungkook sighed, not turning round to look at him at any point "I'm just nervous"

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

They reached the office and Jungkook pulled Taehyung in with him. The doctor regarded them weirdly "Uh, so which of you is Jeon Jungkook?" He asked and Jungkook raised his hand.
"Okay, and who are you?" He asked Taehyung.
"I'm Jeon Taehyung" Taehyung answered.
"Ah so you must be his brother"
"No actually I'm his husband"
"Oh" the doctor made a strange noise but didn't say anything more about it.

"So, Jungkook, what can I do for you today?" He asked.
"Well, as you can probably see from the notes I have cancer and I've not been feeling very well for a few weeks now. So Taehyung wanted time to come check if everything was okay"
The doctor nodded, writing a few things down before standing up.
"I'm going to do a couple of checks on you now, just tell me if anything feels weird or hurts"

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

The doctor began performing different tests and prodding Jungkook in some places while Taehyung sat in the corner of the room biting his lip nervously.
"Right, I'm just going to take a look at your results so if you would kindly wait here"

Jungkook sighed when the doctor left and Taehyung went to sit next to him, holding his hand in his slightly larger one.
"I don't feel good Tae, like really don't feel good" Jungkook spoke.
"What hurts? Do you feel sick?" Taehyung asked.
Jungkook shook his head "my entire body just hurts. I feel like I can't breathe, it just.....hurts"
Taehyung put his arm around him gently "it's probably just the sickness, they'll just give you some medicine and in about a week you'll be right as rain" he said hopefully.
"I hope you're right" Jungkook smiled softly.

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

Not long after, the doctor walked in.
"Can I talk to you Mr Jeon please" he said. Jungkook stood up but the doctor shook his head "the other Mr Jeon, or can I call you Taehyung?"
"Yeah, Taehyung's fine" Taehyung stood up as Jungkook sat back on the small bed in the appointment room.

Taehyung walked out with the doctor who had a sorrowful expression on his face.
"I'm sorry but I looked at the results of all the tests and I'm afraid that these may be his last few days. By the looks of things he may not even make it through tonight, I'm actually surprised he can even walk at this point" the doctor told him "he's doing very well in fighting it but he won't last much longer. So spend your last moments with him wisely. I need to go over some details with you regarding his placement"