»»----- 𝟞 -----««

The next morning Taehyung opened his eyes and saw Jungkook already awake and staring at him.
"Good morning baby" Jungkook whispered not wanting to startle the boy who had just woken up.
"Good morning" Tae sighed as he stretched, his back cracking multiple times from being in an awkward position on the chair all night.

A young nurse came in not that long after to give Jungkook breakfast. She placed it on his lap and smiled at him before turning to Taehyung.
"Now, you mister aren't supposed to be in here" she giggled "but I'm going to let you stay but you can't tell anyone I let you okay?"
Taehyung smiled at her and nodded.
"I also brought you some food, you must be starving" she continued as she reached into her pocket and pulled out a sandwich from one of the vending machines.

Taehyung stood up and bowed to her, thanking her. She smiled at him and checked a couple of the machines Jungkook was hooked up to before leaving again.

The couple ate in silence, simply just enjoying each other's company. Taehyung revelled in the sound of the breaths that he could hear Jungkook taking, it just reminded him that he was still here, still alive, still breathing, they had time. Taehyung was pulled out of his thoughts by a hand, clutching his.

He looked at Jungkook who was staring at him, a light smile on his face."what're you thinking about?" He asked.
Taehyung looked down and Jungkook sighed.
"Taehyung, I told you we'll be fine. Just be patient" he smiled "the doctor came in this morning while you were sleeping, he checked me over again and said that he was sure my condition was improving again and that maybe there's a chance that this was just a particularly bad illness"

Taehyung looked up again quickly, hope in his eyes. "He did?"
Jungkook nodded "he said it could still take weeks for me to get better but as long as I keep eating and rest then I should be okay"
Taehyung smiled widely and he took his hand away from Jungkook's as he reached up and cupped his cheek.

Yoongi and Hoseok visited that afternoon. Hoseok was his usual ray of sunshine, brightening the room up.
"There's this lovely ice cream shop in the town that's just opened recently and it's so nice. You guys need to try it, me and Yoongi went there yesterday and it was delicious" Hoseok rambled happily.
Jungkook smiled "I'll be sure to take Taehyung when I get out, you up for that Tae?"

Taehyung looked up, surprised to hear his name. He had been sitting quietly in the corner since the two had came in, lost in his own thoughts. He smiled at the three that were now staring at him and nodded even though he wasn't exactly sure what the question was.

After another half an hour Taehyung noticed how tired Jungkook seemed to be getting even thought the other two hadn't noticed yet.
"Guys" he spoke up catching the other's attention "I don't want to seem like I'm kicking you out or anything..." he trailed off trying to find a nice way to get them to leave so Jungkook could sleep.
"But you want us to leave" Yoongi continued "that's okay, we'll probably be back tomorrow at some point. Coming Hobi?"
Hoseok jumped up out of his seat, a late smile on his face "yup! We'll see you both tomorrow, bye!"
They then walked out.

Taehyung walked over next to Jungkook, sitting next to him in the hair that Hoseok had just vacated. He pulled Jungkook's blankets back over him "go to sleep Jungkook, you're tired"
Jungkook sighed "but I don't want to sleep yet"
Taehyung laughed "you sound like a child"
Jungkook smiled widely at him before letting out a big yawn "okay, so maybe I'm a bit tired"

"Good night" Taehyung whispered as he got up to turn off the lights and close the curtains before he sat back in the chair.
"Good night, I want you to go to sleep too, okay?" Jungkook whispered back.
"Why? It's only like 6pm"
"But you're tired, I can tell, go to sleep"

Taehyung smiled "I love you Kookie"
"I love you too Tae"

Then they both drifted off to sleep.