»»----- 𝟝 -----««

Taehyung stood there, not able to think properly. He hadn't expected it, he just thought it was a little sickness, a small bug that Jungkook had gotten.

"Taehyung?" The doctor prompted as Taehyung didn't answer.
"S-sorry" Taehyung stuttered.
"Oh no take all the time you need, I know this will be hard for you. I don't know how I could function without my wife" he said but then quickly apologised again because it probably wasn't helping Taehyung's situation.

"Placement? What do you mean placement?" Taehyung asked quickly hoping to get the news out of his head.
"Well, for him to pass peacefully he will need to be properly cared for"
"I can do that" Taehyung interrupted quickly.
"No, I mean by nurses. You can either go to a hospice or you can stay here at the hospital"
"Well, I don't think it's really my choice to make"
"You are his spouse so the decision is up to you, whether you ask him or not is up to you"
"Can I have a minute with him?" Taehyung asked.

"Of course, there's a button above the bed so if you need me at any point just press it" the doctor smiled pitifully before leaving Taehyung.
Taehyung shuffled back into the room where Jungkook was sitting with his head in his hands.
"Kookie?"
Jungkook looked up at him, his eyes teary "I heard him, outside. I could hear. I'm going to die Tae" he cried.

Taehyung rushed over to him and put his arms around him.
"Please don't cry" Taehyung sniffled "Cause when you cry, I cry"
Jungkook let out a small smile "sorry"

They held each other for a few more minutes before Taehyung spoke.
"So....uh.....where do you wanna..go?" He asked awkwardly.
"Go? Oh...you mean to..........die" Jungkook struggled to get the words out "I think I want to stay here, a hospice sounds depressing" he said.
"Jungkook, I'm so sorry" Taehyung frowned.
"What for?" Jungkook asked.

"Everything. Like when I broke up with you that one time cause I was so sure you were cheating on me but I was just being a fucking idiot or when I took your yogurt out the fridge and ate and then lied about it when you asked where it was and when I said I liked Jimin better than you.

I'm sorry for being such a pest especially when you got sick and I wouldn't leave you alone or that time when I first introduced you to my parents as my friend or that I got angry at you for hitting me with a pillow during a pillow fight cause I wanted to win.

Or that time when you went to Japan without me cause it was just supposed to be you and your friends and I wrote you a 10,000 word email telling you how angry I was"

"When was this? I don't remember an email" Jungkook eventually interrupted.
"Oh, I never sent it, I just wrote it and I'm sorry I wrote it. I know you have other people in your life"
"Tae, calm it's okay all those things. They're just stupid things. They don't matter, of course I forgive you"
"I'm sorry, it wasn't me" Taehyung mumbled.
"What?"
"This, it should've been me that got sick. Not you, you're too good for this. You don't deserve this"

Jungkook sighed and hugged him "Taehyung, you can't say things like that. We can't do anything about it, this is just life"
"I hate life"
Jungkook chuckled slightly "I do too"
"Jungkook?" Taehyung sighed and Jungkook just hummed in response.
"What am I going to do?"
"What do you mean?"
"I don't know how I'm going to live. Who's going to hug me when I go to sleep, who's going to text me in the morning just to see how I am, who's going to get me sweets even when I don't ask just cause they know I'll want them" Taehyung rambled on.

"Taehyung, we've talked about this"
"I'm not moving on if that's what you're talking about" Taehyung said stubbornly.
Jungkook pulled Taehyung onto his lap and rested his head in the crook of his neck "you'll be okay Tae, it might be hard at first but you'll get through it. I promise"
The door then opened and the doctor from earlier walked in. Taehyung tried to move off of Jungkook's lap but the younger tightened his grip on him.

"So have you came to a decision?" The doctor asked, finally looking up from his clipboards and his cheeks tinted red at seeing the other two. "Uh, sorry to interrupt"
"It's okay" Taehyung smiled while Jungkook hadn't bothered to lift his head to look at the man in front of him.
"He wants to stay here" Taehyung informed the doctor.
"Right....okay, well I'm just going to go do some paperwork to admit him and then I'll come back to get you to sign a few things and then he can be admitted right away" the doctor said quickly and then practically ran out of the room.

Taehyung giggled quietly at the doctor's reaction. He brought his hand up and ran his fingers through Jungkook's soft hair.
"I just realised, I'm not going home. I'll never be home again" Jungkook mumbled against Taehyung's shoulder.
"Shhhh....don't think about that right now Kookie" Taehyung said, trying to live out their last moments in happiness. Taehyung lifted Jungkook's head off his shoulder and pecked his lips lightly.

Taehyung hesitantly got off of Jungkook as he heard the doctor knock on the door.
"Come in!" He called.
The doctor walked in and smiled at them both awkwardly "there's a bed just opened up so I'll just take you both there right now. Jungkook? Are you okay to walk or would you like a wheelchair?"
Jungkook looked up at him and sighed "I'll walk"
He slowly got off of the bed and shakily began following the doctor.

Taehyung couldn't help but notice how quickly his condition was deteriorating. In only a few hours he had gone from being slightly ill to barely being able to walk. Taehyung made sure to walk behind him so if he fell, he could catch him.

They made it up to the room and Jungkook flopped onto the bed, seemingly exhausted from the walk. The doctor made sure he was the right way in the bed and then he left. Taehyung sat on the seat next to the bed and reached a hand out to push Jungkook's hair off of his forehead. Jungkook leaned into his touch and Taehyung smiled.

"Are you going to stay here with me?" Jungkook mumbled sleepily.
"Of course I am, I'll never leave your side Kookie"
Jungkook smiled and a small chuckle left his mouth "hope you don't need to go to the toilet then cause I'm going to be here for weeks"
"Weeks?"
Jungkook's smile got wider as he opened his eyes to look at Taehyung "I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me"
Taehyung laughed along with him "I hope you're right"
"I am, in a couple of months, we'll be going home and the doctors will be so surprised. I'll be one of those rare miracles" Jungkook said confidently and Taehyung smiled fondly at him.

"Rest now, you seem tired" Taehyung instructed and Jungkook smiled at him and closed his eyes. Soon, both of them drifted off to sleep.

So I forgot to update on Wednesday, oopsie