»»----- 𝟙𝟘 -----««

He woke up one morning and realised that it was the anniversary of Jungkook's diagnosis. Last year, they had celebrated this day with a massive party. Taehyung had so much hope but now that hope has died along with his soulmate.

Taehyung dragged himself out of bed. He had things to do today. He showered using his favourite shampoo and made sure he smelled nice. He combed his hair neatly and put on a casual but still nice outfit. He applied some makeup to cover any flaws on his face.

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

Before he left, he quickly took a look in the mirror. He thought he looked quite good, Jungkook would have approved. He smiled at the thought and left the house, not taking his phone with him but sent a couple texts to his friends so they wouldn't worry when he didn't answer. He decided to walk, it was a nice day after all.

This was the happiest Taehyung had been in a while and it was all to do with the plans he had. He walked with a small skip in his step as he felt the slight breeze blow against his face.

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

He reached the bridge and stopped to look out upon the water. He smiled at the sight of it as he placed his hands on the ledge of the thick stone railings that were on the side. He levered himself  up onto it and stood up. He giggled slightly, like a child, as he made a game of balancing on the railing. He turned again to face the water and looked down into it.

A sad smile made it's way onto his face as a single tear ran down his face, falling towards the deep blue of the water below. Taehyung watched it go. He was scared but all he could think was, one more step and he was with Jungkook. A small one at that.

He wouldn't take that step just yet though. He would allow himself to be ready. He stared at the water for a long time, just observing the way he could see the current moving it. He would be moving with it soon.

He took a tiny step forward, arms out. He took a deep breath, his lips trembling and was about to take his last step before he heard someone shout his name. He quickly turned round.
"Yoongi? What are you doing here?" Taehyung asked.
"What am I doing?! What the fuck are you doing?!" Yoongi yelled.

Taehyung sighed "I think it's pretty obvious"
"Taehyung get down from there. Jungkook wouldn't have wanted this"
"How do you know?"
"I just know, okay? Now please get down"
Taehyung shook his head stubbornly.

Yoongi groaned in frustration and pulled on his hair before looking back at Taehyung with watery eyes. Taehyung stared at him, he had never once seen Yoongi cry not even at the funeral.
"Taehyung" His voice broke as tears began to fall down his face "please. I've already lost one of my best friends. I can't lose two. If you're hurting come live with me and Hoseok, we'd love to have you. Don't think you have to go through this by yourself, we're here for you because we love you Taehyung. So please don't do this" he pleaded.

Taehyung felt guilty watching Yoongi cry for him. He couldn't do it. "Please don't cry Yoongi hyung"
"Please come down"
"I'll come down. We'll talk"
Yoongi seemed to let out a breath he was holding. Taehyung stepped closer to Yoongi, getting ready to jump back down onto the pavement.

However, a large gust of wind hit him sending him backwards. His foot was on the edge of the railing.
"Yoongi!" Taehyung screamed as he lost his footing on the railway, falling backwards.
"Taehyung!" He heard Yoongi shout but there was nothing he could do now.

Taehyung had fallen. He was flying through midair slowly towards the water that a few minutes he'd wanted nothing more than to dive into but now he regretted his decision.
"I'm sorry" he whispered to Yoongi who wouldn't have heard him even if he'd shouted.

He fell onto a particularly rocky bit of the river running below with a sickening crack as his bones shattered upon impact. He felt minimal pain though. He didn't feel anything, he simply slipped away.