Chapter 10 - Reflection

The next morning, I told Twitch about my dreams.

"Do you think they are dreams, a premonition or a message?" I asked.

"My job is to guide and protect you as you seek answers. Do your morning meditation and ask your questions. I will be with you." I sighed, sat down and started my morning meditation with Twitch at my side. When the session was over, I looked down at Twitch.

"Twitch, can you contact Kitty?" Twitch looked a me and blinked. Her tail began to jerk and slap the floor.

"I could try, but I don't want to spend one of my nine lives in the effort."

"Twitch, I need to see Brock." Twitch jumped into my arms and we swirled away. We found Brock chewing on a deer carcass that Dave had delivered yesterday. I told Brock about my dreams.

"Can you contact Kitty and find out if she sent me a message?"

"I tried to contact Kitty this morning. She is ignoring my messages. Amber, it's time for me to return to my territory, but first we need to honor Kitty's request to see you."

"Let's plan on going to the edge of her territory tomorrow and see if we can contact her there," I said. "Twitch, please take me to Aunt Rose."

*********************************

"What do you think, Aunt Rose?" I had just finished telling her about my dreams. "Did I just have a dream? Is it a message from Kitty? Or could it be a premonition? Or do you think something else is going on?"

"Well I think you had a spooky dream or a premonition or a message from Kitty," Aunt Rose said with a smirk on her face.

"Very funny," I said rolling my eyes. "Which one do you think it is?"

"Amber, you need to make that decision," she said with a serious face. "Why don't you try meditating and see if you can resolve your conflicted feelings about this experience."

"I already did that."

"And?"

"It feels like something that already happened and I had a message from Kitty via a dream."

"And?"

"I think it's time to go see Kitty," I said softly.

"And?"

"Well at first I thought Kitty might have killed the little girl's parents. I was worried they were the intruders Twitch mentioned the night we heard Kitty roar. But then I remembered my dream showed the little girl in a small pup tent. There was no sign of her parents. I get the feeling she was abandoned." Aunt Rose sipped her tea and waited. She knew I had not yet unburdened all my concerns.

"I checked the local news outlets. There's no report of a missing little girl." I whispered. I took a deep breathe and slowly let it out. "I've already talked to Twitch and Brock. Twitch will take us to the edge of Kitty's territory tomorrow. We will wait there and try to get a message to Kitty." Stalling, I looked out the window.

"And?" Aunt Rose prompted softly.

"I'm a little scared," I admitted. Aunt Rose, reached over and patted my hand.

"A little fear will remind you to be cautious," Aunt Rose said. "Do you remember what I told you about Kitty."

"Kitty is a forest secret. Forest secrets are dangerous for humans to know."

© Copyright 2019 by Cleomez (all rights reserved)