𝙖𝙨𝙝𝙚𝙨

chapter three:
ashes

Yogan's POV

I picked up Akuma. She passed out so suddenly, saying that the bullet didn't miss. I was terrified. Tears started to roll down my cheeks.

I carried her bridal style. I immediately started to panic.

What do I do? What do I do??

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

Akuma wouldn't want me to freak out right now. I need to keep my cool.

I walked around the corner and saw the same students walking towards a bus. I ran in the other direction, but someone saw me.

"Hey! Look over there!" The red head said.

Shit.

I continued to run, holding on tight to Akuma.

Dammit she's losing a lot of blood. I need to get her help fast.

"Wait! Lady! She's losing a lot of blood, just let us help!" The red head said.

I stopped abruptly.

"Why the hell should I believe you? You're just gonna turn us in," I said, looking down at Akuma's pained, unconscious face.

"Please, just.....just let us help you," he pleaded.

I bit my lip and looked down at Akuma's face one more time before looking into the red head's ruby eyes.

"Fine, but you better help her."

Akuma's POV

I woke up and noticed I was laying in some uncomfortable, scratchy bed.

What the fuck?

I sat up and looked around. Where's everybody? Where's-

"Hello, dearie. It's nice to finally see you awake,"

A small elderly woman walked up to me with a glass of water. She smiled as she passed the glass to me. I hesitated before taking it. I put it on my bedside table.

"Okay, lady. Cut the crap. Where's Yogan?" I asked.

My throat was burning like hell.

Don't lose your cool, Kuro.

"Akuma!" I heard Yogan's voice as she bursted through the door.

"Hey, lady! Stop bursting through doors!" I recognized that voice.

Is that the Kaminari kid?

"You scared the shit out of me!" Yogan said exasperatedly.

She walked into the room and sat down in a chair next to me bed, 5 people followed behind her.

"You doin' Alright?" A red head asked.

He outstretched his hand to me.

My eyes widened and I flinched, bringing my hand up to my face to guard it. I as shaking again. Dammit.

I waited for the impact, but it never came. I slowly put down my arms and stared up at him with my round, gray orbs. I studied his features. His brows were furrowed, and he slowly retracted his hand.

He took a deep breathe and shook his head.

"Look, it's fine. I'm not gonna hurt you," He said and I turned away, bitting my lip.

Cryptic bullshit. 

He tried to tried to touch my forehead, but stopped once he saw a red flash in my eyes.

"Just give her some space," Yogan said and the red head nodded, swallowing hard.

"Let's all give her some rest, all right?" Recovery Girl asked and the students nodded, exiting the room.

"I'll let you two be," She said before walking out into the hallway.

"Where's my clothes?" I asked and Yogan shrugged.

"I dunno. Maybe....oh! Right there!" She said, pointing to my folded costume, somehow we were able to keep on our masks. How did no one see our faces? Don't ask me, because I have no fucking clue.

I went behind a changing curtain and slipped on the suit. I sighed in content. Finally, I had it back.

"C'mon, Yogan," I said, dragging her towards the window. "we're getting outta this hellhole."

I opened the window and spread open my wings. Their scales glistened in the dusk sun. I smiled, my fangs showing a bit. I jumped from the windowsill, letting my hair flow in the wind. With Yogan holding on my neck for dear life, it wasn't very enjoyable.

"Calm down, dumbass. If you keep screaming you're gonna get us caugh—!"

As soon as those words left my mouth, sirens went off around the perimeter of the high school. I clapped my wings even harder, somehow making it over the fence before anyone saw me.

I sighed in relief, safely landing in the alley of our hideout. Yogan got off my back, swaying from side to side. She was pretty dizzy, huh?

"Be a little more careful, Kuro! You coulda killed me!!" Yogan yelled before stomping inside.

I sighed in frustration and followed her inside.

"Look, I'm sorry. I just had to......I had to get outta there," I said, my head hung low.

Yokina glared at me.

"What happened 8 years ago needs to stay 8 years ago. Get over yourself and your stupid past with heroes, Kuro. It's getting old," Yokina said coldly.

I took a step back in surprise. She never acted like this.

I stalked off to my room, passing her in the process.

"Y'know what? You're really the one who should be getting over shit. Being afraid of heights? Really? How pathetic," I said with my own icy glare before going into my room, slamming the door closed.

I sat on the edge of my bed, looking down at my folded hands. My eyes turned sour and my brows furrowed. I couldn't stop thinking about that night. That damn night again. I looked up and saw an All Might figurine sitting on my nightstand.

I stood up abruptly. I stomped over to the small toy. I took it into my hand, glaring at its chipping paint.

My father got me this. Even when I started to hate heroes, I kept it.

My grip got stronger on the toy.

But now......

My gripped started to make the legs crumple up.

Father isn't here anymore.

The toy erupted in flames and landed on the ground in nothing but its black, powdery ashes.

~✍️♥️🚫

chapter three:
end
word count: 976