𝙖𝙥𝙤𝙡𝙤𝙜𝙞𝙚𝙨, 𝙨𝙥𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙚, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙖 𝙣𝙚𝙬 𝙤𝙗𝙟𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙫𝙚

chapter five:
apologies, sprite, and a new objective

Kuro's POV

"Hello?" I slowly stirred awake, answering my phone.

"Kuro Akuma, correct?" The person asked on the other side. 

His questioned erupted a panic in my stomach, making me wake up a little more. 

"Who's asking?"

"Tomura Shigaraki."

Oh. My. God.

"Look, tell him we've over this. I don't want to join the handy-man's league of villains, alright? I thought our last call settled that?"

"Fair enough. Thank you for your time, though I can't promise this will be the last time I call," the polite man replied over the speaker.

"Alright, goodbye," I bid farewell to the man and hung up the phone.

Tomura Shigaraki.

He was one of the fastest-growing villain leagues of the villain world. I had to admit, I did admire his perseverance and wit, but I can't say the same for his personality. Going off of the last time we chatted, he seemed like a baby-whining whenever he didn't get his way.

It honestly made my stomach turn with annoyance.

I made my way out of bed, knowing I'd never fall back asleep. As I stepped into the hallway, I heard Yogan humming as bacon sizzled in the pan.

I sighed as I made my way towards the bar counter. She must've heard me,  given she turned my way as I sat down.

"Yogan......I-"

"Don't start. I should be the one apologizing. It was wrong of me to bring up your past like that. I had no right knowing your business, but you still decided to share it with me. I should've respected that, and so, I'm sorry."

I was taken aback by her words. She looked back down at the breakfast in the pan, the hot, melted butter sizzling around the crispy, savory bacon. Her eyes held a rare sincerity, rather than a jovial brightness.

"It's alright, Yogan. Yea the past was hard, but the past should stay the past, I mean, that's why it's not called the present right?" I shot her one of my rare smiles, making her face light up a touch.

"I suppose you're right. Thanks, Kuro."

"Ahhh, it's nothing," I said, getting up from my seat.

I strolled over to the fridge, a whiff of delicious bacon looming around me. I grabbed a cold Sprite. A satisfying "pop" sound followed me opening it. I took a refreshing sip and sat back down.

Yogan turned off the stove, putting the previously-made eggs and fresh bacon on two plates for both of us.

I took a fork from the silverware drawer and dug in, washing it down with liquid heaven (aka Sprite).

"Phew, thanks for breakfast, Yogan," I said leaning back in my bar stool.

"Sure, turned out pretty good in my opinion! Anyways, I'm gonna go ahead and get ready for the day," said Yogan as she left the room, walking to her own.

Might as well do the same.

I thought to myself, grabbing my Sprite as I walked to my own room. Before I got to leave, however, the TV flicked on.

"As citizens fill the streets and sidewalks of Musafu safe and sound, we still can not afford to ignore the elephant in the room," a newscaster said to the camera as studio lights shined onto her table and coworkers.

"You're absolutely correct, Morgan. The Hero Killer is yet again on the lose. Reports of several fatal injuries and even deaths have been sent in by unfortunate families of notable heroes."

"Yogan, get in here, you're gonna want to hear this!" I yelled down the hallway.

Yogan ran into the central bar area, a toothbrush in her mouth and pajamas still on.

"The Hero Killer?" She read the TV screen to herself, taking the toothbrush out of her mouth.

"He's been going around doing stupid shit to heroes," I said, looking at the TV.

"You know what this sounds like, right?" Yogan said, grabbing a water out of the fridge.

I chuckled, taking a long sip of my Sprite.

"Looks like we've found ourselves a new objective."

~✍️♥️🚫

chapter five:
end
word count: 690