Chapter 8 , "Life as a couple"

Candy woke up in Terry's arms and she felt so good. She wondered for a while why Terry took her in his bed.

"I probably had a nightmare again! Damn you! Neil Reagan, I hope you're burning in hell! Will I ever be normal again?"

- Freckles? He said, are you ok?

- No, she said, you took me to your bed because of those damn nightmares! I wish they could just go away!

- You're going to get better tell yourself that...

- I'm sorry I didn't tell you about the nightmares...

- It's ok...

- Do you wish you hadn't married me since I seem more scared than you thought?

- Candy there is nothing in this world that's going to make me regret marrying you. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me! Don't you ever doubt that...

- Thank you Terry, you're so good to me...

- I'm your husband and I'm going to take care of you...I might have a temper...

- You're going to yell at me too...

- I know he yelled at you...

- Constantly, every time we were alone, he would always yell at me, calling me names...

- If I raise my voice a little...

- I know this is going to be hard...

- We're in this together...

- Are you naked under there? She asked out of the blue.

- Yes...

- Oh my God! She said getting out of the bed bright as red. You came to get me buck naked? Oh my God!

Terry burst out laughing and didn't even make the effort to hide his nudity... Candy got out of the room by the communication door...

oOoOoOoOoOo

Terry got ready to go to the studio. It was very early in the morning. Candy had breakfast with him.

- You're going to be fine on your own? He asked her.

- Yes, I'm going to my work place and quit...

- You don't have to, you know.

- I'm Mrs. Terrence Grandchester, I can't tell my colleagues... when I wish I could talk about the man I'm living with... I've had enough secrecy to last me a life time. I want to go to work in a place where I talk about my husband freely...

- You do know by being my wife you're a public figure and working...

- I guess I'll have to do charity galas then, she said smiling, when we become official...

- Sure, said Terry...

He approached her and kissed her on the lips.

- I'll see you tonight...

- Bye Terry.

Terry left for the day. Candy got ready and she went to her job to quit.

- Oh, we're going to miss you! Is this because of the Terrence Grandchester look alike?

- Yes, said Candy, I'm moving in with him...