JOURNEY

Throughout the entire day, Lisa kept thinking if she should try applying for a Korean VISA again. She already had all the documents at her desk, but she kept on doing something else instead of filling them out.

At the back of her head, she knew that nothing would change. Her application would just be denied again so she kept putting it off as long as she could find an excuse for it. This particular lunch break's excuse was "she needed to take a walk at the rooftop area where their employees smoked."

Lisa absentminded walked to the elevator, pressed the button for the top floor and once she was at the rooftop, she looked for someone she knew from the dozens of people smoking.

"Hi Seulgi.", said Lisa after approaching Seulgi who had just finished smoking.

"Hi Miss Lisa. I didn't know you smoked.", replied Seulgi. This was the first time that she saw Lisa on the rooftop. Even the others who worked in the building for much longer than Seulgi had never seen Lisa here before.

"I don't. I just needed some fresh air...", said Lisa while looking around at all the smokers around her. She leaned her arms on the sides of the building while looking over Chinatown and all the places she went to with Sooya.

"Miss? Was that a joke?" Seulgi's eyes widened as she looked at her team leader in disbelief. She thought, "Did Lisa really make a joke just now or is her mind somewhere else again?"

The door suddenly opened and Jennie rushed to Seulgi not noticing that Lisa was there.

"Seulgi!!!! Ayoko na! Mag-aapply na naman siya. Nakita ko yung papeles sa table ni... (Seulgi!! I can't take it anymore! Lisa's applying again! I saw the documents on her table and sh--", Jennie stopped mid-sentence when the person behind Seulgi turned around to face them. It was Lisa.

 "... OH!!! Hi Miss Lisa. Good morning. I didn't know you smoked.", said Jennie worriedly. She knew that Lisa understood Filipino but she wasn't sure how much.

"Good afternoon Jenn. I don't, and if I remember correctly, you don't smoke either.", replied Lisa. She noticed that Jennie was a bit hesitant to look at her. "Is everything okay?"

"She's heartbroken, Miss.", answered Seulgi before Jennie could say anything.

"Ohh... Join the club. kidding. Anyway, I'll head back down. I'll see you two back at the office. Last 7 minutes, okay?". Lisa waved at the two before walking back to the door.

"Okay Miss. See you later.", said Seulgi.

Jennie stuck her tongue out to Seulgi before following Lisa and walking beside her. "I'll join you Miss."

"Hanggang kaylan aasa! Hanggang kaylan magdurusa? Hanggang kaylan! (this is a line from a Filipino song that translates to how long will you hope and suffer)", sang Seulgi loudly to Jennie.

Jennie gave Seulgi the finger behind her back as she walked with Lisa. They went back inside, entered the elevator and Lisa looked around if there was anybody else. To Jennie's luck, it was just the two of them. And as they stood there by themselves, Jennie kept staring at Lisa and Lisa noticed this.

"Jenn, you're staring.", said Lisa without looking at her team member.

"Miss Lisa, has anyone ever told you that you look like a barbie doll?", asked Jennie with a serious face.

"Aren't those things creepy?", replied Lisa.

Jennie raised her hands and waved them no while shaking her head, "Not to me! I think they're pretty. I love barbie dolls."