Chapter 6

Nothing to say, let's get into it
________________________
Eren stormed out of the mess hall, and to his room, where he packed the bare essentials into a roughed up bag and scribbled a note down for armin. He then walked out of his room, not looking back, and got onto his horse, riding off, not even knowing where he's going himself. He started to cry, what Mikasa said repeating in his mind, especially the last part.

"I never want to see you again"

He wiped his eyes, and kept on going, riding through the gates, and into the country type of land, before stopping at a cave, which he would call home for the next while.

Meanwhile, Mikasa was panicking, frantically searching for Eren, screaming his name, and the words "I'm sorry" over and over. She failed to keep her promise to his mother.

She eventually gave up, and ran to her room, curling up on her bed, and clutching the scarf to her chest, crying into it.

Two years later

Mikasa has grown to become even more quiet, rarely talking, and spent most of her time in her room. One of her only friends.. her last family member left, and it was all her fault. She'd spend her days staring out the window, waiting for Eren to come back, hoping this was just some sort of sick prank he pulled, but each day, it started to pry at her that he wouldn't come back.

Eren, though he didn't let it get to him, was feeling the same. He wanted so badly to go back and say hello to his old friends. But he couldn't, he heard what Mikasa said to him, and it still repeated in his head over and over. By this time, Eren had matured, he was more built, his hair was longer and tied up, most importantly, he figured out how to live on his own. He'd been hunting and growing his own food, making his own clothes, and turned that musky old cave into a live able area. It wasn't easy, he was starving the first few days, and dehydrated, until he finally found a water source, a hidden spring, he just so happened to luckily stumbled upon.  

He began spear fishing, at first getting frustrated because it seemed like he was only missing by a hair, but eventually he got it, and then, he learned to hunt. He started gathering fire food to keep himself warm, and doing more work, which got him in better shape.

He'd become someone who could live through anything, alone. He was proud of himself, doing all this made him calmer, happier, on the surface at least. But, one day, that all changed. The scouts finally found him, but only by chance.

He'd been cooking dinner on a fire, when a small group bursted into his cave. Among those were his old friends, He recognized them  right away, they haven't seemed to have changed much, other than Armins hair now being tucked behind his ear, and grown just slightly. Eren only recognized Mikasa by the scarf, as she had the hood up, and the scarf covering her nose and mouth.

Still, he acted like he didn't know them. He walked over to Armin, and looked down at him.

"Who are you?" He asked

"You know.. Eren. I could recognize those eyes anywhere."

Mikasa looked up, how'd Armin know? Other than his eyes, he'd completely changed.

Eren dropped his act

"Good to see you again Armin.. Hello Mikasa"

She dropped her hood, revealing her red, sunken in eyes. Before saying

"Hi.. Eren."

________________________
Alright, this chapter is done, but fear not, I will write another one, I suppose since I was gone for so long. Thanks for reading, and Peace.