Chapter 13

"No!" Eren screamed, reaching his hand out to grab her arm. The jaws clamped down, severing the arm, and the titan swallowed her whole.

"Dammit! No!"

Eren woke up in a cold sweat. That dream, it felt so.. real.. He looked to the side, and saw Mikasa laying against the tree next to him.

He blinked, rubbing his eyes. He couldn't remember who he saw.

"What's wrong?" Mikasa asked him, opening one of her eyes.

"It's.." He debated whether or not to tell her.. "It was just a bad dream, don't worry about it"

"Are you sure?" She sat up all the way, grabbing one of his hands

"Yeah.. just let me think about it, I'll tell you later."

She nods, then leans back on the tree,

"I had a great time last night Eren.." She spoke

He laughs, "You mean towards the end right? Not when i was basically terrorizing you"

She just shrugged, "Yeah basically"

"Well.. we've been gone since last night, we need to get back"

Mikasa just nodded, "yeah we don't need Levi to start yelling at us"

They both stood up, and began walking.

Eren snuck a peak at Mikasa, then down at her hand. He slid his hand to to hers, almost unsure.

Mikasa looked up at him, then rolled her eyes.

"You don't have to be afraid of grabbing my hand Eren" She said, intertwining her fingers with his.

"I don't want to get punched again" He said, relaxing

"I'll only hit you if you do something stupid okay?"

"Like that helps.." He sighs.

Mikasa just squeezes his hand, and they walk through the town, back to their camp area.

Eren looks down at his clothes, and notices they're covered in dirt.

"Shit.." He groans, "You've got to be kidding.."

"Hm?" Mikasa asks, and she looks at his clothes

"Ha.. dumbass" she says, laughing

"Your dress isn't any better Mikasa"

"Yeah whatever, we should probably get changed, we have an expedition today"

Eren nearly tripped over himself hearing that,

"Are you serious?!" He yelled

She just nods, before walking off.

He runs to his room to change.

An hour later

Everyone is lined up, getting ready to leave the walls, Erwin up front as usual.  Eren looked at Mikasa, and gave her a smile, which Mikasa returned.

The gates began to open, slowly, and the land outside the walls began to show its self. With a rush of adrenaline, they rode out. They made way for the forest.

"Eren.." Mikasa spoke quietly, "Please, don't engage anything in your own"

Eren just nodded, "Be safe alright?" He says, before they break off into their groups.

Erens squad charged ahead in the middle of the forest, levi in front, Armin on the left of Eren, Connie to his right, and jean behind him. He could feel the daggers being glared at him from his back, and the disgust from his right. He just looked straight ahead.