Chapter - 4 : Painful Past

I laid beside Vineet. He was sleeping soundly as I had given him medicines to make him sleep. His mind needed rest. His words were bubbling in my mind.

Mujhe Chhod kyun nahi deti? Mujhe toh kuch yaad bhi nahi. “

“Tum mere liye sabse mat lada karo. “

“Sab mujhe Chhod ke chale gaye. Tum bhi chali jaogi. “

Tears trickled down my eyes. I looked at Vineet, who turned towards me in his sleep, and secured me with his arm, keeping it around my waist.

I kept my hands on his and kissed on his head softly

I kept my hands on his and kissed on his head softly. He used to do this, making me feel that he'll be fine the next morning, we will wake up. But it all goes vain. He wakes up empty headed and I have to teach him again.

It had been six months since the accident. I was left sleepless after knowing his condition.

*Flashback Begins *

It was after our wedding. We were travelling to Mumbai, by train. Besides us, there were two more friends of mine, along with their husbands. It was a royal train where we had three bedroom like coaches booked for us. Vineet had done it.

It was the night and after taking dinner in  the inbuilt restaurant of the train,we went to our rooms. I had some bad feelings, but Vineet nudged them off with his love.

Next Morning was a usual one. We were having our breakfast, when we felt something was wrong. Our fear proved right, when our train collided and some coaches went off the rail track.

With all the sudden attack, we were dispersed and badly hurt. Some passengers were told dead. We all were lucky ones, to have survived.

I was injured badly. Our friend, Rajat, was the first one to see me. I asked him about Vineet. He was silent. I held his hand…

“batao Rajat, kahan hai Vineet? Wo thik toh hai na?”  I asked

“Ruhana wo… “he said but stopped.