Chapter - 10 : His Thoughts

~Vineet ~

Life hasn't been easy for me. I have seen her composing herself and keeping busy with me. The day we returned from hospital, I asked her to leave me, but she was adamant enough to be by my side. I think it's her love that has made me what I am today. She said that we will make new memories. She smiles affectionately at me, she takes care of me, without paying heed to what people say to her.

I was really broken, when I could not recall my life. It was Ruhana, who told me that she is my wife. She took care of me like a mother takes care of her child. The day we returned from the party, I apologised to her. Unknowingly, I have hurt her. I didn't recognise her, that must have hurt her. I told her to leave me, I might have hurt her as well. But, it seemed like she read my mind. She kissed my head.

" zindagi tab shuru hoti hai, jab hum usey jeena shuru karte hai

" zindagi tab shuru hoti hai, jab hum usey jeena shuru karte hai. Hum aaj shuru karenge, Vineet." she spoke before she kissed me on my lips.

"Main toh kab se is pal ka intezar kar rahi thi, Vineet

"Main toh kab se is pal ka intezar kar rahi thi, Vineet. Jab tum mujhe mere naam se pukaroge, jab tum mujhe apni bahon mein loge. Bahut intezar kiya maine is pal ka, Vineet." she whispered in my ears.

I hugged her as tight as I could, and that night became the start of a new life. Five months have passed since then. We are happy. It's true, love heals all the scars, be it on the body or the heart. But suddenly, Ruhana has scared me.

I was talking on the phone, maybe she was coming towards me, but she felt dizzy. Luckily I caught her and laid her on the bed. I called Dr. Shah, the one who treated me. Now, I know him well, and on my call he agreed to come home. I was really tensed about her. As far as I Know, I'm used to her now. She fainted suddenly and it scared me to the core. Dr. Shah did Ruhana's checkup. Meanwhile, she also got conscious.

" She's fine, na!" I asked the doctor.

He smiled at me.

" your wife is very strong, Vineet. She said she'll heal you, she did. And now, there's someone coming up to heal you two together. Congratulations!! " he said.