Chapter - 5 : Past Memory

Next Morning

I woke up. Vineet was sleeping soundly while hugging me from my waist. I removed his hand from my waist gently and hopped off the bed. I freshened up and came out of the washroom. Vineet was awake by now. He looked at me and tried to recognise me. He had again forgotten me. I sighed, as it was my daily routine to make him realise the things.

I moved to him and kept my hand on his shoulder. He jerked my hands…

 He jerked my hands…

"Hato.. Main nahi jaanta tumhe." he said, like every morning.

I cupped his face… "Main dost hoon na tumhari." i said lovingly.

" han lekin tum apne ghar nahi jati? he asked like a little kid.

I sighed, he was not aware about our relationship. I smiled…

" Ye mera hi toh ghar hai

" Ye mera hi toh ghar hai. Chalo ab fresh ho jao. " i said.

At the same time, we could hear the noise of the lightening. It was early morning, and the weather was cloudy. Vineet hugged me out of fear. I was not surprised, he wasn't the same person, but a kid now.

I made him sit on the bed and opened the window. It had started drizzling by then. Vineet saw it and a smile came on his face.

"Its raining, chalo bahar jaayenge

"Its raining, chalo bahar jaayenge." he said holding my hand.

I smiled and a small memory of the past flashed in my mind…