What a beautiful day

The sun was shining at it's brightest, all the rivers ran with honey and the birds sang the most intricate songs. The sky looked as if all the blue had been collected from the world and dropped into a giant canvas, and the sea was lit up like fluorescent green lights.

The scent of peach blossom petals lingered in the air and the grass smelt fresher than ever in the newly upturned soil. All was peaceful, harmonious and full of joy and beauty and splendor. 

Dragonflies danced across the ponds and the fish left and turned in the cool, freshwater lakes. The springs were filled with warmth and soaked in the nearby lichen. Steam rose and swirled into meaningful patterns and messages conveyed through the mist. 

  Molten gold seemed to come from the waterfalls, the rays of sunlight being reflected on the water and transformed into such a precious metal. 

Lambs frolicked and the swallows glided in the gentle waft of the wind.

Indeed, this was a beautiful day.

Chuuya smiled as he observed his sleeping brunette,  and took a moment to truly appreciate the serene atmosphere and his beautiful partner that lay before him. Dazai could be annoying at times, and he frustrated Chuuya with his suicidal antics, but Dazai was his. And Dazai was the most beautiful, charming, witty man and creature that Chuuya had ever set his eyes upon.  And as his snores softly whistled in the breeze, Chuuya decided that, yes, everything was worth it.

(And soon after, Chuuya tried to remember exactly how happy he had been when Dazai woke up and stole his hat after calling him a variety of short nicknames.)

(But he wasn't going to kill him just yet.)