Chapter XXX: "THE ACCIDENT"

"If we can't talk to Mr. Yu, then how can we find any information about my family?" Loui inquired as they went down the stairs of the outside of the building.

"My stomach is giving off a signal that we should eat soon." Alexa muttered.

"Well, well, hungry leopard." Misha ignited a teasing.

"What?!" Alexa irritatingly replied and rolled her eyes to glare at Misha who was walking beside her.

"Don't make me angry, Mad Jaguar." Alexa added.

"A-ha! Hungry angry leopard!" Misha teased then ran across the road heading towards the park.

"Come back here, Mad jaguar!" Alexa shouted and ran after the fleeing lass towards the park.

"Oh no. Come back here the two of you!" Kiel and Allan called out and then ran after the two girls.

Loui followed after them and so did Kaylie. Kaylie ran across the road when she stopped in the midst of it after a piece of photo fell before her. She halted herself and picked it up.

Loui was already at the other side of the road when he sensed that Kaylie wasn't following after him and so he looked back and saw Kaylie in the midst of the road being unaware to the incoming danger.

In the meantime, there was an approaching car towards Kaylie and without hesitation, Loui rushed himself and pushed Kaylie away that he was hit by the car instead of Kaylie.

The driver of the car stopped the vehicle and willingly came out of his car right after the incident and went to checked how Loui's condition was. The man held Loui onto his arms and Kaylie stood up and worriedly went to the man and the unconscious Loui. The man looked to Kaylie and he said: "I'm really sorry, girl. Please help me and we'll bring him to the hospital."

Meanwhile, the other four saw what had happened so they ran to Loui and Kaylie and the man as fast as they could. They rode into the car of the man and they drove to the nearest hospital. Loui was taken to a certain room where the doctors and nurses treated him.

"Kaylie, what has happened back there?" Misha asked as they sat on one of the row of seats outside the room.

Kaylie wasn't able to give a reply and Alexa tried to comfort her. Soon, the man came to them.

"I am really sorry, kids. Do you have the number of your parents? Can I talk to them?" The man asked.

"Is the boy your brother? I would like to have a word with your parents. I would pay the bills. Don't worry." The man stated.

"Sir. Calm down." Kaylie finally muttered and looked to the man.

"You don't need to worry about him. I'm sure he'll be fine. It's my fault afterall." Kaylie said and nodded.

"Excuse me, sir. Can you give us a minute?" Allan asked and the man distanced himself from them.

"Kaylie, what happened? Tell us." Allan stated in soft whisper making sure the man doesn't hear him.

"I was crossing the road and then there's this photo that fell before me. I picked it up and then Loui came unexpectedly pushing me away and then when I opened my eyes, I saw him on the ground and then the man came out of his car and helped him. Then you came and we rode into the car and we're brought here." Kaylie stated.

"What?!" Alexa and Misha reacted.

"I am really sorry. I shouldn't have stopped in the midst of the road just to pick that piece of picture. Loui could have been fine." Kaylie stated and tears began to roll down her cheeks.