acceptance or denial

You stayed in that same position, cursing your life. 'Why did I have to steal from this Earl! Anyone else would have been perfectly fine. You would have been able to run from them. Not this one. Now, he would have examine you, make sure you were fine enough for the job. He had offered you a position, but all of the benefits like food, clothes, a place to live, was all based on his examination.

A firm rap at the door made your head jerk up from its position on your knees. Narrowing your eyes, you glared at the door for a few  moments before pulling up the black and navy comforter up your body, letting your legs lay down, pulling yourself into a semi-proper sitting position. You didn't want the person, whoever it was, to see your dirty skin, let alone up your dress.

"Come in...," you said warily. Less than a second later, the door opened to reveal a woman in her early 20's with maroon hair and broken glasses, wearing a maid's dress. 

"Hello...! The Young Master asked me to escort you to his study, he did!" The lady smiled at you, slipping into the room and shutting the door. Anxiety flared in your chest. Nope. You were definitely not ready for any of this. "We will have to bathe and dress you properly before you are allowed to meet him, of course." She explained where the bathroom was, how to use it, and everything that you might need for that. 

"Oh! I am Mey-Rin, the estates maid, I am!" She added quickly. You ignored that statement, mostly because you already knew that she was a maid. 

-- timeskip --

After taking a long, satisfying shower and a long time drying off, you were ready to get dressed. You stepped out of the bathroom, [hair color] hair still damp, your fair  [skin color] skin glistening. You directed your eyes to the large dark wood wardrobe on the wall that had brass handles in the shape of flowers. You didn't like how feminine it looked, and your eye twitched. 

You approached the doors to the wardrobe, looking at all of the dresses that were inside. There were so many, and you had no idea which ones were your size or which ones would look good on you. Turning to Mey-Rin, who was patiently waiting on the bed for you, you asked for help. "Can I get help?"

She nodded and picked out a red dress with black lace in a size she thought would fit. She helped you into the dress, but you couldn't stop from blushing hard. This girl was seeing you practically naked...It made your skin crawl. After being stuffed into a corset, which was the worst part, you were ready. 

You looked good, despite you despising dresses with a passion. Other than that fact that your ribs being slowly crushed, it really wasn't that bad. 

"Come, miss. The Master wants to see you now." Mey-Rin smiled at you, fawning over the way you looked. "Ohh, you look so good, you do!" After adjusting your hair to look decent, you both exited the room and began towards the study of the manor. You couldn't help but wonder where Sebastian was, but decided that he was with the Master. He wasn't worth being thought after, anyways. 

You reached the study after going down an entire level of the house and through many corridors of the house. Personally, you thought it was ridiculous. How could one person own all of this, knowing that homeless people were starving and dying. Clearing your head of thoughts, you watched as the maid rapped on the door.  

A faint 'enter,' was heard. Mey-Rin opened the door for you, stepping to the side to let you pass. She obviously wasn't going to come in. You would miss her company though; she may have been slightly annoying, but she was nice. Too bad.

The office held a large wooden desk with stacks of paper. It also included a map of the UK, candle stands, and many other knick-knacks. All seemed to have a purpose.

 "Have a seat." Thr boy said calmly. His face was straight, conveying no emotion other than passive interest. For being so young, he was so serious. So cold. A ripple of anxiety hit you again. Thoughts raced through your mind; the normal ones that you had been having ever since you got here. You clasped your hands together, slowly sitting in the chair that was directly in front of the Master, in front of the desk. 

"I am aware of your situation." The boy said, leaning forward on his desk, clasping his hands together.  Taking a deep breath, you bravely said, "So? What do you need me here for?" Why did you offer me the job?"  

His eye narrowed before he replied snarkly with, "Well, I thought you might like an opportunity to better your life." 

You winced. Maybe if you hadn't been so rude, he wouldn't have been so mean. 

He paused for a moment, lowly growling. "Do you want to work here?"

"Yes! Please, sir...," you muttered. 

"Give me three reasons why I should." He stood up, eyes gleaming, palms still on the desk. 

"I can fight to protect this house. I will work hard, because I have a reason: to never go back on the streets. I also have previous experience with living in a manor being a maid."

He nodded once after a few moments of thinking. "Very well then. Prove it. Tomorrow, at exactly 6:30 am, you will be assigned chores by my butler, Sebastian." You mentally groaned at having to get up early, and having to listen to Sebastian. At least it was better than other things you could be doing. You were excited. A new job, a new life! Obviously, the Master could sense your excitement and scoffed at you. 

"Do not get your hopes up. You do not have a job yet; you only will if Sebastian deems you good enough to stay. If you do manage to do well, I wll provide you of food, money, shelter and other essentials. In returm, as I said a few days ago, you will be mine. My property, mine to control."

You shuddered once. "Yes, sir."

The Master nodded once. "My name is Ciel Phantomhive...you will call me Sir, Master, or any variation of those words."

You hesitated. "Yes...M-Master."

"Good," Ciel said, sitting back down at his desk, sweeping his hand towards the door, motioning for you to leave. 

You got up from your chair, walking to the door, meeting the eyes of Sebastian briefly before leaving. It all depended on tomorrow...you had to do good! No matter what! 

Mey-Rin helped escort you back to your room, talking with you the whole way, but you didn't hear anything that she said. You were planning on how to make tomorrow go by without fault. This had to work.