Chapter 5 - Guess who's back?

TJ's POV

TJ was laughing at how messy Cyrus was eating his pizza. Today had been so great, it was hard for him to think it would be over soon.As if on cue, TJ gets a text.

From: Mom   'can you bring me sugar on your way home? I forgot to put it on the grocery store list. btw come home soon, there's a surprise waiting for you'

A surprise? What could it be?

"It's getting late, I should get going. we should do it again sometime" soon, he adds to himself.

 He always felt happy when he was with Cyrus, there was only one moment in his life where he felt sad near him.

2018 (they were 18)"It's our last day, I still can't believe it, we're going to college! I'm so excited!" yes, TJ could tell Cyrus was excited but he could also listen to a little bit of sadness because this was indeed their last day together.

 TJ wouldn't say it was forever but he knew they would go a long time without seeing or talking to each other and even when they were to see each other again, it wouldn't be the same and both of them knew that.

"Yeah, what do you want to do?" TJ was down for whatever Cyrus wanted to do. He had been preparing for this day since they got their acceptance letters but he still wasn't ready for this, he just wanted to make the most of today.

"Well, I have to save the night for the girls but right now, I'm all yours."

"Sound good to me" TJ replies pulling Cyrus closer to him.

 He still had no idea how to label his feelings for the other boy. He knew he liked girls, he had had girlfriends and he knew he wasn't into boys, but then when he was with Cyrus he had feelings that he couldn't even describe and those feelings kept him up at night. Being away from Cyrus was going to be the hardest thing he would ever do in his entire life.

"So, are you just going to stare at me or are you going to kiss me?" of course he kisses him because lately that had been what they did a lot.

They kissed for the first time when they were 16, but it was never a 'let's make out' kind of kiss, it was more like a 'let's see what this is like' kind of kiss and it went like that for a while, just a little peck every once in a while.At 17 it became an 'I like how this feels' kiss and by the age of 18 they started making out. It never went further than that though. They knew that would break the whole 'we're just friends' thing.The rest of the day they watched movies, played video games, made muffins (chocolate-chocolate chip and blueberry macadamia) and made out some more because why not.At the end of the day, they hugged and tried really hard not to cry.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sure" Cyrus says with a smile.

"Bye" why is it so hard to leave?

"Bye" They both struggle in how to say goodbye until TJ decides to give him one last kiss for tonight.

On his way to get what his mom asked him to, TJ thinks about how Cyrus makes him feel and he realizes it's not so different from how Emma makes him feel, even though it's not the same thing. For the first time, he's scared about his feelings towards the other boy.