28|Lashing Out Falsely.

(Song of the chapter: "Writing's On The Wall" By Sam Smith)

I turned in bed, staring at the ceiling while my alarm chimed beside me. My life feels content-ish, yet there were so many downsides to it. 

  My mom and dad breaking up, me and Shacquille being together again, all the good things and the bad.

But it's always good to look at the bigger picture. 

I sighed, getting up and trying not to make my thoughts get the better of me. 'Maybe he had dated other people when he left and he's just back here to play you' A voice in the back of my head whispered, hoping to plant a seed of doubt in my mind and I gnaw on my bottom lip.

I shook my head again, walking to the bathroom to brush my teeth, take a shower and wash my hair. I wrapped my hair up with a kerchief, making a bow and leaving some tendrils to frame my face, putting on my glasses.

Walking out, I looked around my room, genuinely not feeling the vibe to go to school today and I sighed.

Here we go. 

Jogging downstairs in light blue skinny jeans, and a white cashmere sweater and blue strappy sandals, I'm surprised to find the house empty.

Normally the twins, both sets would be arguing or mom would be making breakfast... Hmm, strange but whatever.

Grabbing the keys to the Porsche and an apple, I closed the door behind me and driving to school.

  I drove at the speed limit, just wanting to go home and sleep the rest of the day away.  I looked up and realized that I was already at school.

 "Great, just great." I mumbled, parking my car and cutting off the engine. I looked around for any Panadol extra strength and I dry swallowed it and I sighed, feeling my headache subside.

   My phone chimed, signalling that I got a message.

Daddy👑❤️✨- Baby, class is about to start and I don't know where you are, so I'll take notes for the both of us. I hope you're okay and I love you❤️. (Sent-9:15am)

  I grinned like an idiot at the text.  His simple gestures, the way he makes me feel, him in general.

He was really the part of me that I've been missing for the longest time. It didn't really matter what happened in the past, we're here now and we'll make amends.

Another text came in .

Daddy👑❤️✨- I see your car parked out front. Want me to come get you?  (Sent-9:17am)

  I whirled round, looking any sign of him when another text came.

Daddy👑❤️✨- And now she's taking her own sweet time to get out the car. (Sent-9:18am)

 I rolled my eyes, picking up my bag and stepping out the vehicle, walking into the school.

"Poor Anna-Kay, she doesn't deserve it. How could one person be so cruel and bitchy? Did you see her face? I didn't even recognise her." My lips curled upwards sinisterly at that. 

I walked with my head high, smirking at the student loitering the halls.

     I wasn't looking where I was going and collided into someone. "Oh I'm so sor-" My sentence got cut off as I smelt Kyle's familiar cologne.

  I looked at his face genuinely for the first time in a long while.

  His left eye is swollen shut and his bottom lip was split open. His nose was looking crooked, still haven't healed from his fist fight with Shacquille.