8. Daryl's house

Hello! Here is the new chaper, hope you all like it. Leave a comment, and don't forget to vote.

Thanks for reading! :)

Chapter Eight

I woke to Daryl shaking my shoulder roughly. “Come on, we gotta go,” He said, pulling the blanket from off my legs.

I groaned and opened my eyes, seeing Daryl hovering just above me. “It’s still dark,” I protested, stretching my hand out, trying to grab back my blanket.

“It’s morning. That’s just the bookcase blocking the light out from the window.” Daryl told me. “We got head back to camp and get what we need, and then find ourselves a ride. By the looks of the tyre marks they headed west on the road. They might be in another town close by.”

“Why do you think they took Merle with them? Whoever it was, why would they keep him alive?” I asked, rubbing my eyes and yawning.

“I dunno, but I need to know if he is dead or alive. And kill the bastards who did this,”

Daryl went over to the back door, unlocking it. He opened it a crack and peered outside. “We got a few Walkers in the yard. I count four, we can take them.”

I picked up Merle’s Knife… well now my hunting knife. I walked over to the back door behind Daryl. “Are you ready?” He asked me.

“Not really, but let’s get this over and done with.”

Daryl nodded. “I’ll go for the three on the left. You can take the little one on the right.” Daryl flung the door opened and took off after the Walkers. Before I even took a step out of the house, he had stabbed one with his knife and shot another straight between the eyes with his crossbow. I looked over to see an old lady, Walker to my right. She spotted me and started to walk over to me with her hands outstretched, ready to grab a hold of me.

I took a deep breath, and ran over to it, kicking it in the knee. It stumbled, and fell to the ground. With all my force I stabbed the knife straight into the back of its head. I pulled the knife back out, and looked over to see Daryl pulling out his arrow from one off his walkers.

“Let’s go.” He said, and walked around to the front of the house. He had his crossbow loaded and ready to go, just in case we bumped into anymore Walkers.

I did my best to keep up with Daryl on the walk back to the camp. I did not want to make him angrier by slowing him down anymore. Not while he was so determined to catch up to his brothers kidnappers.

We reached our campsite, and my jaw dropped at the state of it. It looked like a wild animal had torn threw the camp. The tent was ripped to shreds.

“What did this?” I asked Daryl.

“Not what…Who? The tent was slashed with a knife.” Daryl reached out and touch the tent fabric with his hand, feeling along one of the slashes. “Everything of value is gone, they took it all!” Daryl growled, searching through the camp. I went over and looked through the slashed up tent. I was disappointed to find my backpack gone, even the sleeping bags. There was only one thing left in the tent. I grabbed a hold of it and pulled it out.

“They left this.” I said. Daryl turned and looked to see what I had. I held Daryl’s poncho in my hands. Daryl sighed in frustration. He grabbed the Poncho from my hands, and chucked on over his head, and onto his shoulders.

“We have been out here weeks, and have not come across any other people, except you Alex. Where the hell are these people coming from?” Daryl shook his head.

“I don’t know. Do you think it was the same people who took Merle, who did this?” I asked.

“Can’t be sure. I don’t know why they would come back to just take some cooking and camping equipment.” Daryl walked out from the camp site. “Let’s get going, there is no point staying here any longer.”

I followed behind Daryl as we walked out into the trees. I frowned realising we were not heading back in the direction of the town. “Um, where are we going?” I asked Daryl, quickening my pace, so I was walking beside him.

“To get our ride,” Daryl told me.

“Can’t we just get one from town? Where are we heading anyways?”

“Nah, we will take my truck. We got about half a day’s walk a head of us. Think ya can handle that?” Daryl raised his eyebrows, looking down at me beside him.

I nodded, determined to keep up with him and show him how strong I really am.

***

“What is this place?” I looked up at the small, old, beaten down house in front of me. It was made out of wood, and the paint was almost all peeled off. The windows were all broken, and the curtains were ripped and dangling out of the window. The front door was barley handing onto its hinges. It looked ten times as bad as any house in my town, and that place was full of walkers. I guesses this place had been run down like this way before the dead started walking.

“Over here.” Daryl called to me. He was opening up the door to a pickup truck. On the back was a motorcycle tied down.

“Is this yours?” I asked. Looking at the motorcycle on the back.

“That’s Merles,” Daryl informed me. “He will want to ride that when we find him. The trucks mine.”

“Did you live here?” I walked over to the front door of the house. I looked at Daryl to see he was shifting uncomfortably with the question.

“Yeah,” He replied.

He walked past me into the house. “Wait outside,” He told me before disappearing inside. I didn’t listen and took a step into the house. I was curious to see if maybe the place looked any better on the inside. I honestly never really thought about how Daryl and Merle lived before all this happened.

“I thought I told ya to wait outside!” Daryl’s angry voice sounded in front of me. I didn’t answer him. I looked around the small room we were in. There was food package rubbish all over the floor. The carpet was stained with dirt and food stains. There was also stains of dark red in the carpets. I couldn’t be sure, but I was guessing it could be blood.

There wasn’t much furniture in the room. Just an old torn recliner chair, set up in front of an old style T.V with legs. There was also a wooden coffee table filled with alcohol bottles, and ash trays filled right up to the brim with buds and ash.

“Get out!” Daryl yelled in my face. He grabbed my arm roughly and dragged me back outside chucking me forward. I stumbled on my feet, and got my balance, turning back around to face Daryl. He walked back inside and slammed the door shut behind him. A couple of seconds later the door began to creek and it fell right of its hinges. I quickly jumped back getting out of the road of the falling door.

Daryl was frowning from the other side of the door. “Fucking piece of shit!” He growled before disappearing back inside the house.

***

Don't forget to vote, and comment with what you thought of the new chapter.

New chapter will not be long away.