11

Jack (new right?)

    Jack sighed sadly as Zach hung up. He got up and grabbed the thin stack of 4 letters for Zach and the boys and another 4 for his family. He knew that Zach was going through a hard time. Its not easy to lose someone. He knew from experience.

     He walked outside of the tent and to the letter bin where he slid the letters in. His army friend Mack, hes a nice guy, he's alot older than Jack is, he's around 63, walked up to Jack.

     "Hello young man" He greeted, smiling.

   "hey Mack" Jack sighed.

   "What the matter?" Mack asked confused.

   "Zach yelled and hung up on me" Jack mumbled. Mack nodded and and rested his hand on his hips.

    "Sounds like when Clara and I would argue over the smallest things when we were young" The old man smiled. Clara was Macks wife of 49 years until she died last year.

     "Really?" Jack asked like a little kid.

    "Yeah we'd argue about what we'd have for lunch or supper and where we'd go on vacations. Simple things like those" Mack explained smiling as he remember the banter he and Clara would have.

     Jack nodded whilst thinking of his husband and if he's okay. Thats the hardest part about traveling in the army. Not being able to see your family and being there for them when they need you.

     Jacks only seen his husband about 7 times in the last 3 years in their marriage. He's able to take a months break if something bad happens or if theres a family emergency.

    "Alright stop beating yourself up over it son, He's very likely to be sorry about it" Mack reassured rubbing his rough hand lightly on Jacks shoulder.

   "But thats most likely which is like 75 percent! What about the other like 40 percent Mack!?" Jack asked freaking out some.

     "Jack stop stressing alright!? Its not good for your mind and health bud" Jack nodded and closed his eyes, taking a deep breath.

    Everythings gonna be alright. Zach could be alone having a panic attack. But he's gonna believe his husband isn't. Jack can feel that something happened, but doesnt knkw what. And boy when he finds out.

    Sometime later that day, everyone had to lie down and get some rest for the following day.

~~~~~

   This is just a filler chapter. I have the next two wrotten on paper. Also sorry for the long ass wait, ALOT has happened thats a bit personal.