Chapter 2

"Oh, um sorry." Luke says awkwardly.

"It's fine." I say, smiling.

"So tell us about yourselves." Michael says.

"Oh um, well my name is Blair, I'm 18, I'm a cheerleader, I love animals and music, and, so uh, yeah." I say, looking around awkwardly.

"I'm Mary, I'm in marching band, I like food, and I love music." Mary says nodding her head.

"I'm Emily, I'm a twirler, and I like food as well." Emily says smiling.

"What's a twirler?" Ashton says, confused.

"Do you know what a baton is?" Emily asks.

Ashton nods his head.

"Yeah, I twirl that." Emily says.

"So, what do you guys want to do?" Calum asks, clearly bored.

"Oh, let's watch a scary movie!" Mary says.

Everyone nods their head in agreement except for me.

"Um, yeah do you even know me? I hate scary movies, remember." I say.

"You're in a room with four guys you should be fine." she says, already flipping through Netflix.

I roll my eyes. I've always hated scary movies and I don't really know why.

"Oh Woman in Black!" Mary says excitedly.

"Yeah I hear that's pretty scary." Ashton says.

"Oh, great!" I say, sarcastically.

We get our popcorn and pillows and blankets and get settled. We're all on the floor cuddled up. The movie starts and I already feel nervous.

We get the scene where three little girls, all dressed in what looks like nursery dresses, are playing in the nursery room on their own, with porcelain dolls. Suddenly, they stare at each other, and then, they look to the front wall. There is nobody there, and the day is clear. Without saying a word, they stand up, hold their hands and go to the window wall. They open the three-tiered windowpane, and they jump on their own accord. There is a moment of silence. Suddenly, a girl's scream is heard - presumably of the person who has discovered the dead bodies of the three little girls. I cover my eyes and shake my head.

"I'm done." I whisper, thinking no one heard me.

"What?" Someone whispers back.

I uncover my eyes, to see Luke looking at me. Our eyes meet and I get lost in his. They're so blue and perfect. I hear a scream from the movie and snap out of it.

"Oh um I said I'm done." I say blushing.

"Done with the movie?" He says.

"Yeah," I say. "I hate scary movies."

"Well, do you want to go with me to find a vending machine?"

"Sure." I say, getting up.

We hop over everyone's legs, and go into the hallway.

Luke shuts the door quietly behind him.

We walk in silence for a few seconds.

"So," I say. "tell me about yourself."

"Oh um, well I'm in a band, I like to sing, I'm 18,"

"You're very tall." I say, interrupting him.

"I'm not that tall!" He says, laughing.

"You do realize you're having to look down at me right?"

"Well maybe you're just short."

"Yes, I know I'm short, but when you were standing beside Ashton you were like a foot or two taller than him."