° 1 °

JESS

"JESSICA?!" My boss screams from her office.

I quickly jolt up from my seat and walk straight into her office in a matter of seconds.

"Yes, ma'am," I respond in a low voice as I'm a bit scared she is going to scream at me again.

"I need you to go fetch me my usual coffee drink down the street and my dry cleaning too. Then I need you to come back and bring me the edited paper from downstairs," she orders whilst keeping her eyes stuck to the computer screen.

"Okay," I mumbled in response.

I decided to wait a bit for further instructions causing her to swiftly turn to look at me.

She gives me an intense glare and then finally says something.

"RIGHT NOW JESSICA?!" she demands.

"Right! On my way" I clumsily say.

I quickly hurry out and get my bag from my desk. I rush over to the elevator almost tripping on my own two feet on my way there.

I walk outside the large media building across the street to the small coffee place.

Working as an assistant for one of the biggest magazine is very exhausting. I run errands all time, I set up meetings and assist my boss in any way possible.

It's only temporary though until I actually get my promotion. I just hope it's soon.

I make my order in the coffee shop and then quickly run in my heels to the dry cleaners a couple of blocks down.

I pick up the dry cleaning then run back to the coffee place and pick up her drink.

I walk fast-paced back to the building and almost spill everything on me as I push past everyone.

Isn't this fun.

I get on the elevator and quickly make my way back up to her office. The elevator door opens on my floor causing me to almost sprint towards her office.

"Your coffee and the dry cleaning," I say with a smile once I'm inside her office.

"Dry cleaning put over there." she commands pointing at her small couch."Coffee gives to me," she extends her hand to receive her coffee.

I give her coffee and put down the dry cleaning on the couch like instructed.

I take one short breath and wipe off my skirt.

"Jessica where are the papers I asked you for?" she asks looking at me with a confused facial expression.

"Right! On my way" I mumble before walking out in a rush.

I accidentally bump into someone on my way out causing me to quickly apologize to them.

I look back at my boss and see her shaking her head in disapproval.

I give her an embarrassed smile and proceed on making my way to the elevator.

°°°°