° 14 °

JESS

Valerie and I have come up with a plan to wake him up and I'm scared to death.

The days are getting shorter as the day approaches us sooner than we thought it would.

"It's going to work" Grayson reassured me as I looked over some research I had made.

"You don't know that" I worry say as I put my papers down on the coffee table and turn to face him.

"I know" he whispers looking away from me.

I sigh.

"Look, I never felt this way for someone so quickly and I'm scared I'm going to lose it this fast" I admit.

"I don't want to lose you, Gray," I say as my eyes begin to water.

"You won't lose me." he scoots over.

"Even if I don't wake up, I'll come back. I promise" he whispers.

I nod my head and feel some sort of relief hearing him say that.

I continue to look over the plan and try to calm myself even more by reviewing it.

The plan was: once we get inside the hospital, we will figure out a way to get all the nurses distracted while I moved him towards the elevator nearby.

From there I would unplug all unnecessary cables and bring him here till he wakes up.

Clearly keeping him plugged in isn't helping and maybe having him here will wake him.

The downside of this would be that he could die and probably never wake up.

He could also probably live but never wake up.

Or he could wake up and not remember me.

What if that does happen?

Would I move on?

Would I be able to find someone like him?

I shake all my thoughts away and keep looking through some of my research papers.

GRAYSON

I saw her stressing about the plan every day.

It was as if it were eating her alive.

She worried too much about it but I get it.

She was scared of what was to come and to be honest I was too.

I feared that I would be leaving her.

She just got used to the love thing and me leaving her wasn't going to help her both mentally and emotionally.

I wasn't scared of death though.

I was just scared of leaving her by herself.

Nobody ever got too close to her but I did.

Now I need to try my best to survive this.

Or simply to wake up because she needs me just as much as I need her.

-

A/n

Next chapter we will find out if he makes it out.

What do you think will happen?