° 12 °

JESS

Today I was the day I finally figured out how I was going to wake up Grayson.

The plan was sort of risky but it's the only solution I could come up with.

I begin to walk into the living room to see him sitting there with a smile.

"Isn't it a lovely afternoon" he chuckles.

"Yes, it is especially now that I figure out what to do," I say as my smile widens.

His face drops as he looks at me with a bit of disappointment.

"That's great," he says clearly unhappy.

"I thought you would be happier about it," I asked confused.

"I am," he says looking down avoiding eye contact.

I sigh deeply and stare straight ahead of me.

Why does he not want me to wake him up

GRAYSON

She found a way.

She finally has a plan to wake me up and I wished I was more excited about it.

I mean it would be amazing to finally be able to do what I want with my life but I'm just scared about going to lose this thing I have with Jess.

Yeah, I probably don't know if this would work out but I think its worth a shot. Except I don't know if I'll remember her.

There are too many what-ifs scenarios in my head causing me to go crazy.

"Grayson just tells me the truth," she says looking over at me.

"I'm happy you found a plan, Jess. I really am" I say with a sincere smile.

"Okay," she softly says.

"Do you want to hear it?" she asks as her face begins to glow in excitement.

"Of course I do" I smile.

"Well, what I first need to do is get you out of the hospital" she states.

I furrow my eyebrows and look at her.

"The only way to wake you up is if I disconnect all the wires they have plugged in." she pauses. "The only problem with that is that you can possibly" she begins to whisper "die"

My eyes slightly widen as I begin to think about it.

If I stay plugged in, I will stay like that for a while until they unplug me but if she goes and unplugs me, I could die.

Wow this is a win-win situation

"Grayson I know this is probably something you wouldn't like and-" I cut her off.

"Let's do this" I confidently say.

JESS

"Let's do this," he says.

I sit there in shock at what he said.

He just agreed.

He agreed to let me- like ME.

The stupid clumsy girl.

The uncoordinated child to unplug HIM.

Shocking

"But aren't you going to need someone else to help you?" Grayson asks.

That is true

"Who could I ask?" I say.

"It's not like I can to go up to a friend and say 'hey can you help me unplug this guy I like who is also a sorta ghost' "
I exaggerate.

"Jess why don't you just ask Valerie to help"

"ARE YOU SERIOUS" I exclaim.

"Why not"

"She won't believe me"

"What if we make her believe I'm real"

"You are so full what-ifs aren't you?"

"Possibly" he chuckles.

"Well I guess I'm in"

-