° 3 °

JESS

After taking my decent time getting ready, I finally get out of my room, ready to go to work.

I decide to get a small snack before I go so I go straight to the kitchen.

"That's all you eat" he questions me as I take a granola bar out of the cabinets and begin to eat it after I unwrapped it.

"Yes, this is all I eat" I mock. "Anyways I need you to stay here until I get back from work, understood." I sternly look over at him and grab a couple of my stuff that rested on the counter.

"You can't do that. Who am I suppose to talk to? It's going to be so boring." he begins to whine.

"Just stay here," I say as I put my coat and leave my apartment.

I make my way to my job and when I finally get there I take the elevator to my floor.

Luckily nobody was there so I couldn't possibly embarrass myself this early in the morning.

I wait patiently to get to my floor when I hear a voice.

"Boo," the guy says.

"I told you to stay home," I say through gritted teeth.

"Again nobody can see me so you're fine" he assures me.

"Exactly you make me look crazy" I complain and mean mug him until I heard the elevator ding.

He shrugs it off and walks out of the elevator as it had just opened.

I don't hesitate and make my way towards my desk which He conveniently found.

Jerk

I put my coat and other belongings down and go inside my boss's office.

"Good morning" I greet as I stand in front of her desk.

"Jessica your finally here. Pretty late but here" she obnoxiously mentions while fixing a stack paper on her desk.

"I'm sorry it won't happen again" I quickly apologize.

"Isn't she rude" I hear his voice say.

"Shhhh" I whisper.

"Excuse me did you say something" my boss looks up with a sour facial expression.

"No, ma'am. I was just waiting for further instructions." I reply while death staring the guy as my boss looked over some papers again.

"Okay. I need you to go pick up some papers from downstairs and edit them before you bring them back to me," she orders.

While she speaks I see the guy mock her from the side, making various exaggerated facial expressions that mimic hers and eye rolls that are honestly on point. It takes everything within me not to bust out into laugher right now.

I bite my tongue and try to keep a straight face as she continues to speak.

" I also need you to send out a couple of emails to these people on the list and make sure that they make an appointment to meet me" she hands me the list.