Chapter 7

Judy had him nervous to speak. After all the things he had dreamt of telling her when he was finally with her, were impossible to say now.

"Aren't you gonna say anything I assumed you asked me out to know me better, not sit and smile at me."

*Brian awkwardly nodded*

"So did you grow up here in NY Judy, or just visiting?"

-Brian

"Well I'm attending college not too far from here; I grew up in Arizona with my mom and well let's not speak about my dad. You?"

-Judy

"Oh well I moved here a year ago hoping I'd be a big time musician. But it's not working out as well as I thought. My time here has been pretty dull other than that."

-Brian

"Forget lunch then. Let's go to the Mall."

-Judy

Before Brian even had the opportunity to intervene she grabbed his arm and they were on their way.

"What's this feeling?" Brian Pondered "is this fun?"

Brian and Judy were incompatible in that aspect, he was a planner, a thinker, and he never did anything without taking precautions. Judy was a risk taker and that shook his soul.

Never did he once come to think that he'd go out of his way for someone he'd just met. Maybe it was the way her hair fell on her shoulders when the wind blew. Or maybe it was the maybe she looked at him, the look that defied all his philosophies, made him feel loved in a world where no one loves him.

They never did get to the mall because she saw a squirrel and decided to chase it. Something so insignificant she admired that he would never understand. Easily distracted she was, for someone who clearly is carrying around weight of the past she sure does act like it doesn't matter.

Brian suddenly stopped and sat on a park bench and she followed.

"In the two years I've spent here this is the most fun I've ever hard."

-Brian

Judy held him by his face

"Is everything all right? You've been gloomy all day and its really killing the vibe."

He sighed..

"It's just that this wasn't what I expected for a first date. Don't get me wrong it's fun..... But why me?"

"Why you? I don't think I can answer that question right away but this feels nostalgic to me like it's meant to happen"- Judy.

That's exactly how he felt but he didn't say.