Chapter 9

Jennifer

Jennifer, Brian's ex-girlfriend whom despised him. She had the body of an athlete, maybe it had something to do with the fact she was a track star. Brian never quite understood what made him lust over Jennifer. Was it the late night conversations or the steamy car sex? Maybe it was both or maybe it was the way her brown eyes were magnified by those glasses and embraced with freckles in all the right spots and lets not forget her dense dark brown hair that fell perfectly on her shoulders.

To Brian, Jennifer was the biggest mistake he'd ever made, there was no real connection just the fact they'd both get drunk and laugh all night. He acknowledges that she did help him through a rough time but his infatuation in her and her love towards him were toxic.

He had only found out this when he cheated on Jennifer at a college party. Brian tried so much to convince himself it was a mistake but Jennifer got word about the incident and he couldn't bring himself to detest anything, he pleaded guilty with no opposition. For months he would try to contact her but she didn't want an apology, she wanted him to pay. He was pretty sure that word of his cheating incident had spread across campus like a wildfire.The dirty glares in public alone gave him the impression. 

But as Jennifer walks towards the car to greet Judy. The only thing that floods his mind and heart was fear and hope that she'd not recognize him in the driver's seat. Oh how he wished it was that easy and he wished Judy didn't have any ties with her whatsoever.