Chapter 10: Up On Stage

CHAPTER 10: Up On Stage

"What the hell do you mean by crashing onto Victoriia Beckham, you clumsy little fool!?" Julie shouted at me and I shrinked away on the chair.

I said nothing and also mentally scolded and murdered myself. The last thing I want is to have Victoria Beckham stare at me like that. I understand her shooting-daggers glare because if a clumsy teenager does that to me I'd be shooting daggers-literally-at them, too. What happened after that? Well, I shrinked away again and stuttered with apologies before she calmed down, turned and didn't say a single word to me. Talk about bad luck.

I wonder what would be Brooklyn's reaction whe he hears that I almost pushed his Mom down the ground.

Good thing I actually didn't...right?

"You are so clumsy like seriously that's Victoria Beckham!"

"Don't you think I know that?"

She rolls her eyes and paced around my room. "I can't believe you."

"Same," I answered with a frown.

"Crashing onto the gorgeous and famous Victoria Beckham. I will kill you if I'm her."

"That helps. Thank you, Julie." I sarcastically quipped.

"I really can't believe you," she said again.

I really don't want further sermons from anyone since I received an earful of it when I got back. As I expected, Mom turned from a tiny butterfly into a fire-breathing dragon who wants to claw my face out until I learn my lesson. Which I really did and that is why I locked the gate and also the window, put a curtain on it so that I cannot see him. I also don't want to face him after what I did to his Mom. It is a shameful story to tell that it took me two days to ignore everyone in fear of suddenly blurting it out. Also, for two days I had a break from Brooklyn. Although I didn't feel his presence on my window nor hear him knock. Maybe Victoria mentioned about the incident and Brooklyn realized I got no more chance to get the job. Well, that is what I am thinking, too.

I whined and buried my face on my palm. "Jules, what am I gonna do now?"

I heard her sigh and sit stand before me. She pats my head and comforts me, finally. "It's not the end of the world. Maybe she'll forget about it," and I felt her beam at me. "It's not like you're gonna see her again!"

I dropped my hands but bowed my face. Biting my lip, I remembered about the job I am trying to take inside the Beckham residence. "Erm...Jules? There's something else you need to know."

She eyed me warily. "What?"

I gulped and stilled myself for the worse. "I'm applying as a babysitter for Harper," and dropped my face onto my palms again in shame.

Silence. Uncomfortable and defeaning silence.

"You're fucked."

"Again, thanks!"

To take my mind off things, I had a movie marathon with myself and secretly wished I have a job to keep my mind off of my shameful incident with an extremely famous beautiful woman.

I kept myself in the living room and loudly played the romance comedy Just Go With It. I am totally in love with Jennifer Aniston as my woman crush. Also because I want to see her in movies and imagine her as Rachel Green. You know, comparing her characters.

The scene played where she parks her car and Danny Maccabee waits for them and have Katherine's kids finally meet Palmer. Katherine comes out and was wearing a gorgeous dress and looked very posh.