Chapter 11: Backstage Pass

Alright. I said I was going to update the other day but it wasn't easy because this chapter needs a lot of finishing touches. Anyway, I'm sorry again. :( although the comments killed me! <3 thank you for being patient!

CHAPTER 11: Backstage Pass

I was bumping onto strangers to strangers as Julie dragged me along with her to get closer to Brooklyn.

"JULES! SLOW DOWN!"

"WE'RE ALMOST THERE!"

As if on cue, people gathered more in front when we almost reached it. The Beckhams were on the right side of the stage on their safe haven whilst the crowd tried getting near them as much as possible. It's like a zombie apocalypse here with the Beckhams as the only humans to eat. Wow.

"JULIE COMING THROUGH PEOPLE!" Julie shoved our way into the crowd until we reached the front and nearest the Beckhams.

"That was a piece of cake," I sarcatisally said.

"Whatever, now we're super close to the Beckhams. And look! There's Brooklyn! Hey Brooklyn!" Julie waved frantically to get Brooklyn's attention, who is currently talking to Romeo.

Brooklyn caught the waving arms and looked down at us. He saw me and beamed. That hyped Julie more and she began shaking me out of excitement. "Heck, calm down blondie!"

"I can't!"

"You keep saying that!"

"OHMYGOD!"

I rolled my eyes and looked up to Brooklyn. He leans on the railing and looked down to me with a smile. Julie was also beaming up at him like an idiot, until she caught sight of Cruz and began following him.

"You okay there?" Brooklyn asks as he leans down.

"You bet I am," I sarcastically quipped. He chuckles. "Where have you been?" I was meaning to ask that. As much as I don't want him getting me to troubles, I guess I got used to hus surprise visits this past few days.

"Why? You miss me?" There he goes again.

"Yeah, I miss your arrogance that makes me fall in love with you!"

"I know."

"Whatever."

The crowd once again went loud when the announcement of the winner was told. I found myself being pulled away by Julie. This girl has some magic. One minute she's following a Beckham then one minute later she's dragging me somewhere.

"What're you dragging me now for?"

"Backstage pass!" she jumps in excitement. "The Beckhams organized a meet and greet for a charity and that is why Aunt Mary has 5 of 'em."

"Oh." That explains why a pageant has a bloody backstage pass. We almost thought this was a concert.

Aunt Mary, Ivan, Julie and I were all lined up on the long line. I gulped. What will Victoria do if she sees me? The clumsy girl who almost tackled her down the ground. I fidgeted as I waited, and I am quite thankful the line was long enough for me to calm my heart down. What if she shoots daggers at me again?

"Imagine this: Brooklyn sees me and falls in love with me I mean that's so utterly perfect!" Julie squeals.

"Imagine this: Victoria sees me and kills me."

"Oh, right." She chuckles nervously. "The Victoria incident."

"She's gonna glare at me the moment she sees me."

"Don't be so negative, Sydney. Just have fun and when she glares at you just whisper sorry or something. I don't think she'll do that. You know, glare at you."