Chapter 15: Didn't I tell you I have an awkward demon possessing me right now?

There are two things I was sure of:

1. Brooklyn is glaring at me with his groggy eyes from sleep.

2. He looks damn good with his shirt off, I got to admit.

"What is she doing here?" Brooklyn demands to the old man beside me. Then there are two glares pointing to me. Old Asian man was ready to strangle me and drag me out of the house when Brooklyn interupts, "Wait."

"Hey! That was abuse you were about to do you meanie," I exclaimed to the old man.

"I said no fakers," he taunts.

"I'm no faker, and you don't have to hurt me," I defended.

"I wasn't going to hurt you," he says. "I was just about to drag you out of sight."

"Oh, well, that's jut a nice gesture. Let's do it! It sounds fun."

The old man frowns and crosses his arms. I'm starting to doubt if he's actually old or just someone disguised as an old person. I turn my attention back to Brooklyn and see him still fresh from sleep. His sweatpants are lightly ruffled and so as his hair, but damn, he sure looks good in it.

What? Stop it, Sydney. I'm supposed to be mad at him for cutting me off just like that. "I came here to talk to you," I finally say to him with my chin up.

He kept staring blankly at me, and descends down the stairs. He ruffles his hair, and rubs his eyes in the cutest way. His muscles are flexing with his movements and I have to credit his athletic skills for giving him a nice-

"Ahem," the old man interrupts with the pinchiest glare to me.

"What?" I ask.

"Got your eyes on the money?"

"What?" I ask again. "What does that even mean?"

He shakes his head and points at...Brooklyn's body. "Gettin' somewhere ? For a lady you're a schmuck."

"That's just rude."

Brooklyn appears beside me, and I straightened my posture as if to intimidate him with it. What am I even doing? I look back to him, and waited for him. He does nothing, but to look at me from head to toe. "Stop wasting your time."

Damn, he's cold alright.

"I just need to talk to you." I kept my head up high, trying to be as intimidating as ever.

He gives me a look that tells me to give up already. "The deals off. We know nothing about each other anymore."

The old man is still around, and I look back to him because I prefer to let him continue fighting me off the house rather than talk to Brooklyn. I shook my head, and said, "I badly need the job."

Brooklyn doesn't say anything. He looks to the man behind us and gestured him to leave us alone. The man follows his order, and left.

"I don't get why you're even upset."

His stare hardens. He merely looks at me as he towers me.

I fight a small smile before asking, "Are you jealous?"

Brooklyn's eyebrows creased. "Jealous? Are you crazy? Go with Tristan dude all you want, see if I care."

"I was just joking. Jeez. Calm down."

He shoots me anoyher serious stare and I had to straighten up again to be more intimidating. "I need you to leave if you keep on pushing the deal."