<Chapter 3-Numbers and Potential>

Keith's silence spoke volumes for the emotions he was feeling. He had just hopped into a car with a random stranger and he was explaining to him where he lived. Everything about this sounded like a bad idea but that didnt stop him. Shiro started the car and the two were off towards Keith's apartment. The drive was awkward, as any ride with a stranger would be, until Shiro sparked a conversation "So, how long have you lived in this area" he asked. Keith replied "Oh, I have only lived here for about a week, I just moved out of my parents house and i'm trying to live on my own". Shiro smirked and spoke up "Is this your place here on the left". Keith's head suddenly jerked to the left to see his apartment complex. He quietly got out of the car, and grabbed his bag from the back. As he went to leave Shiro spoke up "Hey, just so I can find a time to get your car to you, take my number and call me to set up a time, have a good night Keith". The two exchanged numbers and Keith smiled and made his way to his apartment. Shiro drove away with a smile on his face as he named Keith's number "Potential". Soon Keith made his way into his apartment he noticed that stuff had been moved around and sifted through. He saw that his bed had been cut up leaving cotton stuffing everywhere, and alot of his possessions had been either destroyed or damaged. The shock he felt went away when he checked the closet and his guitar was still there, but that was one of the few things left still intact. He began to sink to the floor in tears not knowing what to do, he had no car, and now all his possessions were destroyed and he had nowhere to sleep. Could this day get any worse. He didn't want to, but he had to call Shiro only minutes after he had dropped him off. Shiro's phone buzzed as he saw the name "Potential" pop up on his phone. He swiftly answered and there Keith was on the other side of the call, in tears, explaining his situation. A overprotective surge rose up into Shiro's body and he began to speed back to Keith's house as fast as he could within the law. When he arrived there was Keith, a heap in the corner weeping. Shiro ran to him and helped him up, and they sat and talked for a while. Shiro's eyes glanced around the room and he truly realized the damage that had been done to Keith's apartment. Keith's tearstained face continued to drip with tears, and soon Shiro did the unexpected, he embraced Keith in a hug. Keith clung to him and continued to cry, until he released from the hug and looked surprised into Shiros eyes, not understanding why someone he met today would embrace him like that. The two continued to stare at each other for a little while until Shiro broke the silence. "Keith, i'm not going to let you stay in this apartment in this state, you are coming home with me, it's nothing weird and i'm not trying to take advantage of you, I just want you to be safe, or I will worry myself to death". Keith's tear stained face looked up and asked "Why are you..... being so nice to me? Shiro, please tell me why because I don't understand, people arent just nice like this, especially not to me".

______________________________________________________________________________