Meet Our Judges

Yes, everyone loves to know just who will be digging their grubby little authorized nose into their story to judge it. If you'd like to meet the person holding your story in their hands, this is where you'll find out.

These short bios have been written by our judges themselves and questions that they've answered.

--EmmaLee-- -

Emma created the Genre Contest, she's in her teenage years, is currently out of school, is a big fan of video games, anime, comedy and music. Most of her time is split between three things: YouTube, Wattpad, and Love Nikki Dress-Up Queen (Don't ask). She lives in the US, has one puppy named Lalita, has two brothers who do nothing but game, and a little sister who stays on her phone all day. All the jokes you see on this contest have been hand written by her.

Fun fact: Emma is the only one in her house without a cellular phone. This "fun fact" pisses her off.

What are your inspirations?

I've been reading and watching movies and TV shows since I was a kid. My mom and dad were huge fans of Rom Coms, and my mom got me into reading romance novels, so most of my books are going to be inspired by some event I've seen in a movie, TV show, book or video game.

What is your favorite genre?

I love a few genres, but my top three are Romance, Fanfiction, and Sci-fi. Romance is like the most girly thing that I deal with. I love a bunch of fandoms from TV, movies, books, movies and especially YouTube. Sci-fi is what you make it, you can make your own world, make your own people.

Who are your favorite authors or the authors that you look up to?

I'm a big fan of Rick Riordan and Nora Roberts, though most of the time I just read odds and ends. I really love the writing style of quite a few action authors, and such.

What kinds of music do you listen to while writing?

When it really depends on the tone of the segment, I listen to a variety of genres. When it's an action scene, I love to listen to rock or rock covers of popular songs. If it's sad, I get right onto YouTube and listen to Fairy Tail sad music. I just love music so much.

When did you start writing?

Well, my elementary school had a whole required course in the fourth grade dealing with writing. The first assignment was about an experience with a friend, and I distinctly remember that Ms. Mayer, my teacher, said that my work was phenomenal. After that, I just started blurbing in all things.

Why did you get into writing?

I loved making my own world, my own characters, my own relationships. It's just so much fun! It's pretty cool, just what you can do with a little bit of imagination and a tablet.

Merovech

What are your inspirations?

Mine's more of collage of stories: Star Trek, Star Wars, Chronicles of Narnia, Lord of the Rings, Reign of Fire.

What is your favorite genre?

Science Fiction, Fantasy, and a blend of the two.

Who are your favorite authors or the authors that you look up to?

C.S. Lewis, Rosemary Sutcliff, Dianna Wynne Jones, Tolkien.

What kinds of music do you listen to while writing?