Chapter 57

It was 9pm and Trevor still wasn't home-It really wasn't that late, but it was late for him considering he usually got done at 4. I also knew that he said he might get home later than usual, but I didnt think he meant that late. I ate dinner alone and shared some with cooper after feeding him his own food, and then I laid down with him on the couch and watched a Netflix series about a detective called "Mind Hunter"... the main actor was so hot. Not as hot as Trevor, but hot.

I was interrupted by my phone ringing and I grabbed it to see it was Trevor, at least I thought it was him until I answered it and it was sawyer.

"Hey, Bailey." He said.

"Hey, everything okay?" I asked.

"Uhh... I'm down the street from your house. Like five minutes away-I'm bringing him back to your house." He said and I narrowed my eyes.

"Is he okay?" I asked.

"Yeah he'll be fine-" he paused and he mumbled something to Trevor and I cocked an eyebrow.

"Fuck you." I heard Trevor mumble and I sat up.

"Are you sure everything is okay?" I asked.

"Kinda." Sawyer said.

"Is he hurt?" I asked.

"No-listen I have to drive and focus on him-I'll be there in a few." He sighed.

"Wait-" I was cut off by him hanging up and I ran my fingers through my hair. It scared me. I was scared that something was wrong. Why wouldn't he let me talk to him? I just didn't get it. Why did he have to bring him home and why couldn't he get home himself?

I paused the TV and I texted him multiple times but he didn't answer and there was eventually a knock on the door that Cooper started barking at.

"Stop. Cooper, it's daddy." I said and I opened the door to have Trevor leaning against the house in handcuffs and sawyer holding him up.

"What in the hell happened?" I asked with my eyes narrowing and Trevor got sick.

"He's fucking drunk. He's lucky I didn't turn my lights on or have any of my cameras on when I pulled him over or he would have actually gotten arrested and brought to the station and lost his fucking job." Sawyer mumbled and I rubbed my temple as Trevor got sick again.

"Uncuff me you fucking asshole." He slurred and mumbled and sawyer did.

"I only cuffed you so you'd cooperate with me." He mumbled and he grabbed him and pushed him into the house.

"Trevor, are you kidding me?" I asked as he walked past me and he shook his head and went straight to the kitchen. He grabbed the trash can and went to the living room before laying down on the couch. Cooper followed him and jumped on the couch after he laid down holding the trash can and he basically fell asleep as soon as he laid down.

"I'm sorry." I said.

"No, I'm sorry. He's been different lately and I don't get it. He could have lost his job tonight and if it was one of our officers who caught him like that and not me, he would have." He said.

"He said he had to work later because he was watching a house." I said.

"And he was, but I found at least 9 empty bottles of beer in his cruiser. He's so fucking lucky bailey. I might suspend him honestly. I know he's my best friend and go-to guy, but I can't have him like that on the job." He sighed and I rubbed my temples and ran my fingers through my hair.

"When I first met him he was the nicest and sweetest guy I ever met. He hasn't been himself at all lately and I don't know what to do. I love him to death, I'm just scared." I said.

"He told me he wants kids with you but doesn't know got to bring it up. I know he's been bothered by wanting to ask you but scared to because you're adopting Mackenzie. He also said something about some guy Jason and he said that he doesn't think he's good enough for you.. I don't know." He sighed.

"Trev said he wasn't good enough for me?" I asked and he nodded.

"He never tells me anything. He used to talk to me about everything and he stopped. I just don't get it." I said.

"He's got a lot on his mind. Just give him time to work on himself. I want to let him have time but I can't afford it. I might suspend him for a week or so after this, hopefully itll shape him up. I'll be here tomorrow morning to wake him up bright and early and piss him off. He needs to be told how it is because he's been getting too cocky." He said.

"I know he has." I said and he hugged me.

"Watch him when he's sleeping and make sure he's on his side please." He said and I nodded.

"Of course." I said and he walked out the door.

"Night." He sighed.

"Night." I said and I closed the door when he left. I went over to him on the couch and he was snoring with his mouth open and I grabbed his belt and took his off for him. I didn't want him sleeping with a gun around his waist. I also unbuttoned his shirt and took his vest off with it so he'd be more comfortable. Even though I was mad and he pissed me off, I wanted him to be okay. There was obviously something wrong. I took his shoes and socks off after and he moved around with the trash can still in his arms and cooper rested his head on his leg.

"What has daddy gotten into?" I asked him softly as if he'd answer and I sat down on the couch next to him and continued to watch the show I was watching along with watching him to make sure he was okay while he slept. I was mad, but I was more scared for him than anything.