Obsession Pt. 27 Incassable

J*****e POV

"Bébé, let's go to Maui."

I swallow the ridiculously good Coldstone cake batter/Oreo cream combo.

OK.

"That was easy HaHa."

I knew you were planning something, but I thought it was Kauai. I heard you on the phone.

"The place I wanted on Kauai was booked, so we go to Maui?"

He took my spoon, and got a taste.

"Oh, c'est bien(that's good). Why you did not tell me?"

I did, you said you didn't want any. Remember, you thought the concoction was crazy!
I'm done .... here, you can have the rest.

He took my cup, and winked at me. My stomach did a somersault.

"You never go to Maui, no?"
No ... it's crazy. I've lived in Hawaii for years. Just never made it. When do we leave?
"Tomorrow at 8-9, or whenever, we fly private. Call pilot when we are ready, they on standby at 7AM.
We stay 4 days .... don't start about work. I heard you, I know you have no cases. I extended my trip too."
Wow, Larry, you are .....
"I know, I perfect."

We got up from the bistro table, he threw our trash away.

"You want walk on beachside or go back? Non, I decide. We walk beachside, down Kalalalpakawa ..."
Ooh, Baby, you butchered that .... it's Kalakaua. HaHaHaHa Let's not stay long. I have to take care of some things today. I want to get my eyebrows done too.
"OK, let's just walk a little bit. I like Waikiki. I like all the people ... I feel all the happy vacation energy."

I take his hand, he squeezes. We begin to 'talk' without talking.

'I no want to leave you .... please come with me ..'
'What will I do? Just follow you around. I'm not a groupie, I have a life HERE. Larry, I just .... We will work it out ...'
'I know you not a groupie. I just want to be with you. Maybe you come for little while?'

Someone recognizes him .... the selfies start. I back away and let him do his thing. He is so sweet with fans. They are talking and laughing.

I go sit on a bench and watch. He looks over. I motion with my hands for him to go ahead. I don't want to be part of it. I have no interest in being on Instagram.

I hear someone. In my head ... who is it?

'Is your love for him Pure?'

What now?

'Yes, my love for him is pure ... who is this?'

'Is it true?'

'Yes.'

'Real? Not Eros?'

'Love is Love Eros or not .... I LOVE him. They are the same.'

'Oh, mon trésor Bébé Vampire, they are not.'

The voice dissipates, almost like a breeze. I felt Laurent on her. What now? Was it Laurent playing games? I don't think, but I'm calling him anyway.

*Ring*
He picks up quick.

"Hello J*****e, so glad you called back, look I'm so sorry about last night ...."

I know I know it's OK. I have a question. Has anyone been trying to reach you mentally? I felt someone a little while ago, and I felt you on her. You know anything about that?