Ritual Room

"Sasha, I will find you, I will kill you once again."

-Daniel

═────────────────────────────────────────═

This old castle... It makes me remember the days I've spent with my wife...

Those days are now over. She was banished, the castle was banished, and I...

I don't remember much more.

Susanna: Daniel, are you ok?

Elvira: Do you need to rest more?

Daniel: No, I was just thinking, here, this way.

We went back to the castle's entrance, where we initially fought the gathers and Sasha, but no one seemed to be around, they were clearly afraid of the nightmare.

Susanna: What do we do now?

Daniel: Let's check the rooms together.

Elvira: Watch your back.

═────────────────────────────────────────═

We first entered the Assembly room, it was here where all the royalty parties took place. But no longer.

Susanna: It looks like there has been a massacre here, look at all the blood!

Elvira: Seems like the war didn't forgive this castle...

Daniel: The castle was in a safe area during the war, whoever did this, had nothing to do with the war.

There were bones all over the floor, somehow many people were killed in this place.

"Daniel, do you remember how many people we killed here?"- we heard.

Elvira: Where are you, you crazy?!

Susanna: She's not here, it's some kind of... magic, that we can hear...

Daniel: I never killed anyone here, I swear.

"You don't remember, darling? They were opposing us, had to be executed..."

Daniel: Shut up!

Elvira: There's nothing left to see here, let's move.

We went to another room, the old library.

═────────────────────────────────────────═

Susanna: Look, the same books!

Daniel: I remember this place... Some priests used to come here to get some reference for their studies...

Elvira: Suspicious, didn't you know about this black magic thing at all?

Daniel: I don't... remember...

Susanna: Look at this book! It's about blood magic rituals... Talks about the Arkmaster...

Elvira: Arkmaster? Housemaster's brother?

Susanna: Gods doesn't have brothers, but yet, this is a study about another God.

And she read the ritual that was marked on the book.

Susanna: "The blood needs to be fresh, it needs to be filtered and the mana should be separated for later use..."

Elvira: What does it mean?

Susanna: It uses the mana we got in our blood.

Daniel: For what?

Susanna: "Its not hard to seal your soul to a place, however, it's got the most severe consequences such as:

- Shadow cursing.

- Risk of soul dismissing from its own body

- Matter Corruption

- Banishment and Quarantine."

Daniel: So that's how she survived!

Elvira: I give up, this is too hard for me.

Susanna: That's why her ascension is kinda spectral, she made a mana ritual, extracted from blood. So if she died in the explosion she could come back.

Daniel: What about me? How did I survive?

Susanna: You probably went through this same ritual or another one.

Elvira: I thought it was impossible to cheat death.

Susanna: And it is, but sometimes death is a more complicated concept than merely dying, you are a proof of it, Elvira.

Sasha probably killed those people in order to get their blood and perform her ascension. But how? And who could have helped her? Was it me? But why would I do that?

Elvira: Guys... You won't believe in this...

We went to the room in the back of the library, it was doomed.

Susanna: Seems like the ritual was made here.

Daniel: This room didn't use to be like this, it was more like another part of the library.

Elvira: What are these blue things?

Susanna: Mana pools...

Daniel: So this is where red turns blue. Is it the only way to get mana?

Susanna: Not at all, really unnecessary. But it's a quick, desperate way...

Sasha made the ritual right before going to the source with everyone, she wanted to make sure she stayed alive if she could not escape the explosion. The room was filled with blood, runes, weird machines, and there were mana pools. In the middle there was a chair with syringes.

Elvira: This machine is interesting...

Susanna: Don't touch the Hourglass!

Elvira: I won't touch anything...

Daniel: Hourglass?

Susanna: I recommend not touching anything related to Hourglasses or clocks, if something goes wrong there's nothing I can do.

Elvira: Can you do anything about anything else then?

Susanna: That's not what I meant... Dealing with time is more complicated than understanding how magic works.

Daniel: I wonder why this hourglass is here...

Susanna: She probably timed the explosion together with the ritual, so it was completed when it blew up.

Elvira: So you know how it works...

Susanna: I know why, not how.

We heard steps.

Daniel: Someone's coming, quick, this way!