Book II: Of Friends and Foes

Chapter XV

"Poppi, you were invented by Tora five 'undred years ago, but during Waylon's time, you sacrificed yourself to save me with a form we'd never seen before. We later found out this to be Soosoo's doing. Tora could not fix you in a reasonable amount of time, so he left you with me, just like Waylon had hinted at. This nopon, Rafi, is the one responsible for fixing you," Granny explained while gesturing towards Rafi.

Poppi teared up a bit. "So Poppi really has become just like Aegis, huh?"

Granny looked kinda sad too, Poppi had always been a little scared she'd destroy the world just like the Aegis.

"Cereza!" Poppi exclaimed. "What happen to Cereza?!"

"Cereza died, and became Serena. In other words, she became what you knew she could be," Granny explained.

Poppi cried even more. "Poppi... did make a difference...."

Rafi jumped in. "Why Poppi crying?"

Poppi was startled a bit, but wiped her tears. "Poppi not crying, Poppi just running routine camera lens cleaning protocol."

"Poppi, I know this whole world is going to be new to you and I know this is asking a lot," Granny started. "But can you please go with Silas and Acacia? They're really going to need your help."

Poppi nodded. "Of course! Poppi want to help everyone just like masterpon always did!" "Masterpon" was the nopon word for "master" and it was her word for talking about Tora.

Granny placed her hand in Poppi's head. Poppi shook her head and hugged granny instead, and the two stood there for a minute.

"Tora not alive any more, is he?" Poppi asked.

"No, he died of old age a long time ago," Granny explained.

Poppi didn't want to admit it, but she was really crying this time. Was this how Mythra had felt when she woke up after sinking Torna? Knowing that everyone she once knew was either dead or dying, and that she'd never see him again. Maybe Pyra had been right, maybe it really was better for a blade to be able to just forget everything.

"Can Rafi come and help Poppi?" Rafi questioned in the middle of everything. Nopon often had a terrible understanding of "place and time for everything".

Granny laughed. "I think Rafi wants to try being your new driver!" she said to Poppi.

Poppi giggled a bit. "Poppi don't really need driver and Poppi would rather not replace masterpon."

"Poppi, I don't think it would be quite replacing him, you may need someone to fix you up when you get damaged and make sure you're working properly. He's been very nice this whole time, he might come in handy. It's your choice though."

Poppi thought about this for a bit before finally responding.

"Rafi may come along, but for maintenance purposes only, understand?" Poppi said in a commanding tone that I could tell Granny hadn't really heard before.

"Rafi agree! Beats having to fix Juliani's sink any day!"

"Speaking of which, we're going to have to pass through Argentum again, are you sure you want to do this Rafi? It's gonna be dangerous," I warned Rafi.

"Rafi is quite sure! Rafi done with boring life and want to live exciting life with Silas, Mythra, and Poppi!"

Acacia and KOS-MOS had been watching quietly the entire time, maybe unsure of what to do. I was eyeing them suspiciously, but Mythra seemed content.