Book XI: Burning Sword

Chapter LXXIX

"So you don't want to hold a funeral or anything?" I questioned Mythra, who definitely had me all kinds of confused.

"No, not yet, at least," Mythra answered, not budging from her stance.

We had finally made it back to Leftheria to recuperate from all that had happened, thanks to a certain giant flying Titan, that is. Without Adamas' power, I could no longer travel at the speed of light. Ordinarily, Mythra could use her true power to travel just the same, but since Adamas was no longer fueling her power, and Pyra didn't trust her driver, she reverted to her normal power.

Azurda wasn't too pleased when we found us. Apparently we had completely abandoned him after the fight with Malos at the World Tree, which, admittedly, was my bad. However, after we made it back, I offered to do a funeral service for Waylon and Alvis, but Mythra stubbornly refused it.

"This isn't some denial phase, is it Mythra?" I interrogated further.

This sparked some violence out of her, as she immediately took her fist and slammed it into a doorpost. I took a step back, she saw the worried look on my face, and then she sighed.

"It's not denial, I'm just not convinced they're gone yet," she explained, shaking the pain off her fist. "We've brought back an Aegis before, and if Pyra can awaken her power, there's no reason we couldn't do it again."

"Are you sure Waylon could be brought back with him? I know they fused, but if this works through the Conduit they wouldn't shut up about..., it might not even contain any data on Waylon."

Mythra let out an irritated groan. "Then we leave it to chance, but I'd rather not have him come back to stare at his own grave. There's no body to bury, so can it wait til we at least try?"

None of us were too enthused with that mental image, but I decided it was best I just agree.

"If that's what you want, then that's what we'll do. I know you're frustrated and grieving, so please, go rest," I recommended, softening my gaze and putting my hand on her shoulder.

She shook my hand off of her and walked away. "Sounds good to me."

I began to turn away to go help the others get situated before I was interrupted.

"Hey Silas," Mythra called from Granny's doorway.

I turned to face her, but didn't really say anything back.

She... looked both sad and happy at the same time. Like she a massive weight was taken off her shoulders, but also like she wasn't happy about it.

"Thank you, for everything," she said. "We'll talk more later, I just need some time."

"I understand," I replied simply. "Good night, Mythra."

She went off to bed and I walked back to Azurda to see that most of the others were gone except for Pyra, who was locked in conversation with Azurda.

I didn't want to intrude, but I was also a bit curious as to what they were talking about, as I didn't really know either of them. So I just stayed a fair distance away and... eavesdropped.