Chapter 9 "You have a beautiful voice"

The king paced back and forth across his room, waiting for news from the general.

~~~~~

"I am here, your majesty." The general bowed.

The king sat back on his golden throne, keeping his gaze on the general infront of him.

"Have a seat. I've got some important matters to discuss with you." The king demanded, pointing his finger towards the chair infront of the general.

The general nodded, sitting himself in a comfortable position on the expensive, golden chair.

"What is your concern?"

The king sighed deeply, making the general worry even more.

"General, I assumed you would know what this would be about." The king replied. "I thought your cognitive enough. Or were you too busy drinking and having fun with your fellow generals?"

The general shook his head in disapproval of the king's statement.

"Your highness, I know when I should do such things. I do my work and would never gobble around for I know, and my fellow generals know, that we are serving a kingdom with great power and dominance over everything else. We would never put Xirus to shame." The general replied, perfectly sure of his answer.

The king narrowed his eyes at the fully armoured man. The silver chains and strong metal showed that he was part of the Xirus army, but he didnt act like one. He's a hypocrite, frankly speaking.

His words never coincided with his actions.

But, he didnt wanna start a heated fight between the both of them. Not now. He needed the general to lead over the whole army of Xirus.

"Alright then. Let's move on to the subject." The king said, picking up the letter beside his throne and threw it over to the general.

"What is this?"

"Open it."

The general opened the letter.

"Demon what? Demon pirate? Coming here?" The general said in disbelief.

"Obviously. Its right there dude." The king said, rolling his eyes.

The general cleared his throat.

"Why is he after the princes?"

The king sighed. He himself did not know the reason on why that pirate was after his sons.

He knew that the pirate wanted to take over the throne. But, he really didnt have to kill the princes to succeed with his plan. Guaranteed, the princes are destined to take over the throne in the near future, but, does he really need to kill them in order to replace the king?

You see, in the kingdom of Xirus, no matter who you are or what's your status in life, if you want to take over the throne, you must proceed to have a duel with the king. If you win, then the throne is all yours. If you lose, you will be banished from the kingdom.

To this demon pirate, all he wanted was to kill the princes of Xirus and then take over. But little does the king know, that pirate, was someone who is alot closer to his heart than he thinks.

The general knew what that sigh meant.

"You dont know, do you?" The general said.

"No, I dont."

The general stood up, making the small chains on his armour collide with each other, filling the quiet room with its familiar sounds.

"Then we shall find out why. What is your command, my king?"