Green Princess Part 5

-9-

"Creatin' (Causing trouble), innit?" I say to Anthony, when I jump on his shoes for getting water dumped on me. "That's how I used to do the bullies at school."

Antony is howling now. He puts his hands on his knees. He can't walk properly. But then I hold his arm and help him walk, slowly, to the road, to wait for a shared-ride back to our motel.

"I understand, LP. Really, I was over the top. Don't worry, I won't trick you again," he says, when we get to the road.

Ah, peace between us! Just like Jesus wanted. Innit lovely?

Saturday, 30 August 2025, 11.15 am, Los Angeles"

"Green Princess In The Gen-Meat Slaughterhouse" was my best performer: 17,000,000 Downloads and PPVs!

"Maybe I should stop singin' and playin' piano. Just get water dumped on me head in every video. I never got those kind of numbers from any song," I say.

"Now don't be cynical, LP!" Antony says, "First, remember that these videos are free. More people will take a free video than pay for one. And you have to admit, when the water came down, it was funny!"

"Sorry, Antony," I say, "Cynical runs in the family. Aren't your feet hurtin' now, Antony?"

He gets quiet. I don't want him to enjoy what he did to me too much.

We do three more videos: "Green Princess In The Factory", "Green Princess On The Banana Boat" and "Green Princess In The Jungle". None of them reaches "Meat Factory", "Car" or "Bullet Train", in PPVs/Downloads or in quality. They seem to get more boring as they go on.

Meanwhile, Dad is getting more and more sad. Everyday going on pointless journeys visiting people he doesn't know and passing pointless papers that will never be read. I have to tend to him.

I tell Anthony, "Not doin' any more videos today. Takin' Dad to the zoo. You come too."

I am not going to be a star. I am going back to my two schools, British International and Colegio, in GC in September. I am not upset. I like the schools. As an ICT starlet, I can write songs and sing anytime. When I see what this contract nonsense is doing to Dad, I don't believe that it's worth it anymore.

It was all Dad's idea anyway. He put "Princess Party" on the ICT without asking me. He brought me to LA. To me, being a star or not being a star was always six of one, half-dozen of the other. I understand it all now. When I thought I wanted to be a star, it was just because Dad wanted it so much.

"You have to write an anthem for solarpunks,"  says Anthony, before we leave for the zoo. "The last video will be a montage of all the Green videos, to push the message. The anthem will be the music".

"I've go' one", I say, "It's me answer to the ICT comments, tellin' how I really feel about global warming."

"OK, let's hear it." Antony says.

"Get' me to a Grandee (Grand Piano)," I say.

We pause our zoo trip and go to Crystalline Records' studio. Anthony knows the owner. They don't have a Grandee but they have an OK piano that works.

"Hey, cock!", I shout at Antony, "Why don't ya ge' me a flamin' contract here and take me Dad out o' misery?"

"They do country music," he says.

"Which country?" I say. "I can do England or Guatemala."

"American country. Down Own The Farrrm!" Antony twangs, trying to sing American country style.