13. self-righteous

Hours later, I was still groggy as I stumbled into the hotel room. I'd slept through the entire flight and when the attendant had woken me up briefly to ask if I'd like to eat anything, I just gave her a bleary eyed 'no' and went back to sleep again. Fortunately, it wasn't just me who was this tired. Every one of the fourteen of us looked like we'd gone through hell. None of us bothered to fix our unkempt hair and puffed up eyes as we walked out of the airport like a horde of zombies and filed into the bus.

I had hogged an entire three-seater, leaving a grumbling Yash and an amused Akash standing. Unfortunately for them, there had been traffic on the way to our hotel so they spent thirty minutes trying to balance themselves whilst catching on some sleep, standing. I'd taken pity on them fifteen minutes before we arrived and pulled up my legs to my chest, gesturing for them to sit.

With a relieved sigh, Yash had plopped himself beside me and taken up the entire seat—leaving me squashed between him and the side of the bus. Akash had only groaned.

Now, as I sat on the mattress of the double bed, I let out a contented sigh. A bellboy brought in our luggage, walking in gracefully behind Rakhi and Mitali as he balanced our bags. I waited for him to leave after he enquired if we needed anything. Once the door clicked shut behind him, I fell back on the mattress and curled into a ball. Mitali and Rakhi followed suit.

I had just begun to drift off when an obnoxious knock sounded at the door.

Groaning loudly, Rakhi said, "We don't need anything."

For a second nothing happened and I relaxed back into the mattress. Then the door swung open, revealing Yash. Akash and Suraj were behind him, their faces apologetic.

I shot up and glared at him. "What do you want?"

"You should really lock the door." Yash smirked, leaning against the doorway. I wanted to smack him. Who the fuck did he think he was?

"Get out," I snarled. There was just something about Yash that pissed me off. I was exhausted and I could barely think before acting. I'd probably kick his ass if he didn't go.

"We have to meet our guides. They're arriving in a few minutes," he said instead.

"Later," Mitali groaned.

"Has to be now," Yash replied, amused.

"Why?" I asked.

"We have the whole afternoon and the evening with us. We need to get to know each other more." He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively. "Anyway, I want you all to be downstairs in half-an-hour, no excuses."

"Akash," I groaned. "Tell your friend to back off."

"He wouldn't listen even if I did," Akash said.

"Get out then," Rakhi muttered.

The three of them backed out, Yash being the last. He threw me a complacent smile before shutting the door behind him. I glared at the door for a while, wishing I had strangled him. I barely even knew the guy, but he had a way of getting on my nerves.

"So, who's gonna shower first?" Mitali asked suddenly.

All three of us perked up before scrambling off the bed and running towards the en-suite. The blanket fell off the bed in a strangled mess, pulling all of us down with it. I squealed as I landed on my back. We looked at each other in shock before laughing.

I took advantage of the distraction and disentangled myself before running to the en-suite.

"That's not fucking fair Sara! Get back here!" Mitali screamed.