14. home

"I need your help."

Maybe I was feeling a tad bit dramatic, but I could have sworn that I heard the words echo. There was no way that Yash would actually come up to me and ask me for help. So I shook my head to clear my thoughts. I must have imagined it.

"Sara,"

My gaze snapped up to meet his.

"I said," he began slowly as though he were explaining something to a deluded child. "I need your help."

The last part came out rushed, and sure enough, his eyes darted around us to make sure no one else was here. Snapping out of my initial shock, I settled back onto the chair.

"Are you sure y—"

"Yes, I'm okay. Now stop being so dramatic and tell me if you'll help or not," Yash glared at me.

"You're charming," I snorted.

"Well?" he asked impatiently.

"What do you need help with?" I asked.

"I-uh-I wanted to go over the plans for the next twelve days with you." He replied, rubbing his neck. "I may have miscalculated and messed up, so I want you to go over the plans with me."

"May have?" I emphasised. "Anyway, why do you want my help. Ask your brother or Akash."

Irritated, he shot me a glare and rubbed his face. "Just tell me if you're going to help or not."

"What's in it for me?" I asked, thoroughly enjoying his discomfort. It was rare to see a man of his calibre bowing down and actually setting aside his pride to ask for help. If he hadn't created such a horrible first impression, I may have even appreciated it. But I wasn't one to forgive and forget easily. It had always been a weakness—and a strength in some ways. Albeit it was more of the former.

"What's in it for you?" he repeated. His eyes were glazed as he sneered down at me with his jaws clenched. I could almost feel that anger ebbing and rising from within him—ready to erupt and obliterate anything in its path akin to a pyroclastic flow. His anger, I realized, was the worst thing about him. It could be a dangerous thing for him in the long run. Being prideful had never seemed to be a negative trait to me. Pride stemmed from self-assurance and resulted in confidence. But the mixture of pride and anger... it never went well.

I smiled innocently at him.

Yash sighed and rubbed his face. "Do you know Kalika Bhatia?" he asked after a pause.

I nodded.

"She's a friend of mine," he said. I smirked, finally seeing where it was going. "After the trip, I'll get you a limited edition from her latest collection."

I raised my eyebrows. "Are you sure?"

"Yes!" he hissed.

Chuckling, I replied, "Fine."

And we set to work. He quickly brought his laptop and files, handing me the itinerary before we delved into the work. I first began going through the details of the hotels he had booked and noticed a trend. He definitely seemed to have a thing for luxury despite his wild, rugged nature. I pointed it out to him. "I get that you want to make your clients happy, but look at the bigger picture—most people can't afford this. Next time around, just make sure you select mediocre hotels too," I said. "Or you could create two separate plans with different budgets. That'll help attract clients of different economic backgrounds."